• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Anti social Neighbour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti social Neighbour

Hi all.
    I have a direct neighbour (we share a wall) who likes to smoke weed in the bath. Good for him, I'm glad he has found a happy place. The problem is that his bathroom wall meets my airing cupboard and the smell of stale cannabis and tobacco seeps through and makes my airing cupboard and any sheets towels etc contained within smell of his drug usage. It also spreads further in to my house depending on drafts/open windows etc.

I have messaged him and spoken to him on his doorstep several times about it and he is always polite and apologetic but it seems his thinking is that 'so long as I apologise after the event it will be okay' rather than 'I wont smoke drugs in the bath in the first place and therefore eliminate the problem'.

The problem persists, its been nearly two years.

My question therefore, and sadly at the risk of falling out with my neighbour, what is the best way to persuade him to keep his habit to himself, ie not smoke specifically in his bathroom. Should I approach the local council or police? (I am sure they have better things to be doing!)

Kind regards

Matt
    Tags: None

Our Prime Minister also thinks 'so long as I apologise after the event it will be okay'.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Can you not line the wall on your side?

Comment

I'd approach the Council, then they can sort the problem out for you.

I'm sure the Council will get the police involved if need be.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ho...our-neighbour/

Comment

Personal use. Small fine and everlasting resentment from your neighbour....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X