• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Tax

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Council Tax

    The person involved owns a property. This was rented out to another. The landlord lives in a caravan and strictly speaking is NFA, but uses the address. Action is taken initially against the tenant who claimed HB and CT relief. The tenant wins at tribunal establishing that the landlord did not reside at the address. The tenant (via HB) has paid the CT for every year. The council then seeks back CT from the landlord with the argument "We have no record of you living at any other address, you must therefore owe us CT." The person has written to the council telling them the facts, but the reply was the above argument. Help Please. (I was the tenant) CT was paid by HB.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.