• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Financial Advisor Who Is Joint Executor of Will Not Responding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Advisor Who Is Joint Executor of Will Not Responding

Can I please ask for some advice. My mum died in July last year. The executors for her will lie with my brother, and her financial advisor. Grant of Probate was received by my brother a few weeks ago, the financial advisor had notification via email. My brother has been trying to get hold of this person since probate came in. His office has been claiming he's been off sick, however there is things on his Facebook to suggest otherwise, and he ignore my private message asking him to get in touch with my brother. We are both very concerned as he is the only person who knows where my mum's money is, and he's clearly avoiding contact. Any advice as I am very worried.
    Tags: None

Hi, sorry to hear about the situation and my condolences.

As a last resort you can make an application to the court to remove an executor if they have become uncontactable. This should be after reasonable attempts to contact them. However, this can be a very long process and hinder the probate even further.

Before considering proceeding with the removal of an executor, if you were really considering it, you should contact, in writing, the executor telling them that you are thinking of doing so and explain why this is (because you are unable to contact them and wish to proceed with the probate).*
    This will give them another chance to proceed with the probate and help your case in court if you do wish to go through with removal as it will show evidence you have kept them up to date with the situation.*

Generally, you would have to prove that proper administration of the estate is being adversely affected by the actions (or here omissions) of the executor.*

Hope this helps!*

I am a law student undertaking work experience on the LegalBeagles forum. My advice is from my own experience only and is given without liability. If in any doubt, please contact a regulated and insured legal professional to seek further advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X