• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SAR advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAR advice

Ive had major issues with our internet company for 2 years in relation to slow internet speeds, numerous faults, no where near guaranteed min download speeds and we also upgraded our service on their advice to combat our issues. Fed up with this i cancelled and moved to another provider.

Our new provider has said that the speeds our old provider estimated were impossible to achieve due to our location and ADSL

Based on this I made a formal complaint and requested a SAR and specified information on faults, speeds, chats etc... but they said there was no information held. The strange thing is that i went into my account which is still live and managed to open tickets that showed the dates i contacted them when I had the faults. There were transcripts of the chat between the advisor and myself. There were 12 online chat transcripts so i took screenshots and contacted them saying i felt they had withheld information I had asked for.

They replied saying they are offering a goodwill gesture of £50

Any advice on how to deal with this? Im not looking for compensation although i am really unhappy at this information being withheld even if it is trivial.

Thanks

Tags: None

Hello,

Write to them again and say that under section 173 of the Data Protection act it is a criminal offence to block or conceal information belonging to a data subject with the intention of preventing disclosure.

You have evidence to suggest that their response that there is no information held on their systems is completely false and indicates that they are deliberately avoiding their duty to disclose information they hold about you. So unless they comply with their obligations in the next 14 days and hand everything over, you will report them to the ICO.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi , thanks for your reply. When they offered a cheque I replied stating that i would take it further as i believed they were not providing what i asked for but they are still saying they hold no information despite telling them i went into the account and all the information is there.

My online account has now been closed.

I asked for a deadlock letter on my complaint which they say they will provide.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X