• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help required for historical shelf company information

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required for historical shelf company information

Hi all,

Just wanting to find out where I can start a search or find out if I need to investigate further. But first a brief history of the situation.

My partner traveled to the UK about 30 years ago and ended up staying for almost three years and obviously worked there during that time. As she was basically backpacking and had met other travelers, she was convinced by a male friend to be the signatory for a shelf company they used to have their wages paid into to avoid tax. After all these years she is paranoid that she still may be held responsible for the unpaid taxes of not only her earnings but others that may have used this "company". She doesn't know how many people were using it or if the details were passed on to others after she returned home. She is unsure of the name or any other details - so unfortunately not too much to go on.

Any information or assistance in how I can investigate this or confirm that there will be no further ramifications for her would be greatly appreciated. She worries each night about this still and would not return to the UK for fear of being put in jail - or that we could loose everything here.

As I said, any help on how to even start this would be immensely appreciated.

Her concerned partner, Steve
    Tags: None

Companies House keeps a register of limited companies.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X