• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

URGENT: Data Protection Act 1998 Breach...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• «THÖMÅS®©™»
    replied
    Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• «THÖMÅS®©™»
    replied
    R0b 2222 pt2537 Is this progress? I wonder... I know it is limited... I invite feedback.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Thomas, you really need to edit your letter down to something manageable. Choose say half a dozen examples of breaches, rather than trying to list all of them. It won't make any difference to the damages, and listing every trivial point detracts from the main ones.

Bear in mind that county court judges may not have the same intense interest in your case that you have, so don't try their patience. Make it easy for them!

Leave a comment:

• R0b
    replied
    Yes but you dont need a story book on it. I have to be honest I'm still really surprised that you've not sent it off yet, I think your getting too bogged down on trying to include absolutely everything.

It should be limited to key facts only, only you can decide what you think is or isn't key facts.

If you miss something out, not the end of the world, you can respond by reply or in your witness statement.

Leave a comment:

• «THÖMÅS®©™»
    replied
    R0b Also, should I mention about my complaints that I have made to one society which I detailed above?

Leave a comment:

• R0b
    replied
    Yes it would

Leave a comment:

• «THÖMÅS®©™»
    replied
    Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• «THÖMÅS®©™»
    replied
    I just had a lightbulb above head moment...

would stating the fact that I was a member (relating to one society) or in the process of joining a society (in the case of the other) be a "factual background"?

Leave a comment:

• «THÖMÅS®©™»
    replied
    Someone mentioned that I have 6 years to take action against them. Is this not right?

Leave a comment:

• R0b
    replied
    And yes theres is a time limit, its 6 years, Thomas was getting confused thinking it was 1 year.

Leave a comment:

• R0b
    replied
    Yes 2222, theres only so many categories a data breach falls into. If I recall it was the disclosure from one third party to another. I'm not sure how that could equate into several pages unless Thomas is suggesting he lists every email or specific disclosure that was made in which case that isn't feasible nor is it practical.

Simply saying that disclosure of personal data via email and other methods in relation to XYZ personal data would be a sufficient way of putting it.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Sorry, I should've defined important breaches as ones that caused particularly great distress.

Incidentally, wasn't there some sort of pressing time limit on this? That was mentioned weeks ago?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by R0b View Post
    Well you should list all data breaches but if you think there is several pages worth of data breaches the you need to condencd them. Based on what youvr mentioned in this thread there doesnt seem to be that many data breaches.
    Is there another way of looking at this? Thomas only needs to list those breaches he intends to sue for. If there are several important breaches list those and ignore the petty stuff?

Leave a comment:

• R0b
    replied
    Well you should list all data breaches but if you think there is several pages worth of data breaches the you need to condencd them. Based on what youvr mentioned in this thread there doesnt seem to be that many data breaches.

Leave a comment:

• «THÖMÅS®©™»
    replied
    R0b In your post #24, you say that I should list each and every breach that I am claiming. This would make my letters several pages long, since there are an awful lot of them. do I really need to list each and every single one or just the main ones.
    ...by two organisations (confirmed by ICO), suggestions on what if anything I can do next? Hello again LegalBegagles! I am looking for some advice on what I am

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X