• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Desperate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate

I don't even know where to begin with this I've never felt so desperate before in my life. So for the last seven years I have been harassed repeatedly by my ex partner - we have had a catalogue of backwards and forwards emails over the years some not particularly nice on either part - name calling etc. the final straw came for me at the end of January when he turned up to collect our children, we were isolating as we had COVID. He punched my door 3 times and then my new partner went to the door and told him to go away - he was vile offering to fight him in the street etc. I have tried to have him prosecuted for harassment before but because our "evidence" is always a bit cat and mouse in terms of name calling the police have never pursued it. We split in the end all those years ago because he beat me up in front of our children. I went to hospital with suspected rib fractures but at the time felt coerced into not prosecuting against him and dropped the charges (this still all remains on record). This time round the police never do anything so I told them to yet again keep it on file and id refer to it again if needs be. I was absolutely AMAZED to find therefore that he had managed to secure a non-molestation order against myself!!!! The court were provided incorrect details for me so the hearing was heard without me seeing a statement, evidence or anything. The day after I received the non-mo our child was with him it was halfterm. Our GP called and asked to urgently speak to the parent of our child. I said that the child wasnt with me and what was wrong? the GP said can I call Dad and get him to call me. Without even speaking I rung him and told him to call the GP. His response was not to call him and that he was calling the police. I immediately called the police and explained the situation, I also spoke to Victim Support who explained it was an emergency and although a technical breach it was minor. I forgot all about it but 2 weeks later I had to go and be questioned under caution for the same thing. Once in interview and without representation (I didnt feel i needed it) I explained what happened went through it all and the police said no further action. However today I received a call from the police to say that they are now reviewing it again its going to the CPS and they will be in touch. I feel absolutely beside myself. I dont know what to do at all. We had a hearing and the judge asked if i wanted to contest the NMO and I said yes but having received all the papers I just want to revoke my right to defend it and accept it. I see absolutely no way out of getting away from this man.
    Tags: None

So sorry to hear about your plight, but you are not doing the best for yourself.

The Judges are there to ensure that both sides of a dispute are heard so that a Judgement can be made. If you do not appear before the judge, then you will never get heard and your problem will not go away.

The police have a very difficult job where there are domestic disputes and based on what you have said, your story needs to be heard. If you are unable to afford legal representation, then you can apply for Legal Aid and with that, you will have the same opportunity to put your case to the court.

With Legal Aid, never accept any suggestion that you are not equal to anyone who can afford to pay for legal representation. If that feeling is ever given to you, then make an official complaint against that person or firm. You should have just as much respect and support of anyone and the Judge can hear of any problems in that respect.

Hopefully others may wish to reply to your questions soon. I hope you can get the support you deserve.

Comment

I agree with SAM101 - contest the application! Get a solicitor via legal aid or at least go and have a chat with one (should be free) to see what your options are. If the GP call was an emergency I doubt the CPS will take it further but if they do you will have the right to plead not guilty and explain the circumstances. Again you need a solicitor. I do not undestand why the GP could not ring dad him/herself? As above you do deserve support - but only you can get it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X