• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Narcissistic Neighbour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narcissistic Neighbour

Hello everyone. I'm new here, and am in desperate need of advice.

I moved into my home with my bf almost 8 years ago, and from the first day I moved in I was pestered mercilessly by my (male) older neighbour.

He's the type of person who won't take no for an answer, always has to have the last word, obnoxious and loud.

I found out from other neighbour's that he had been in prison for abusing his ex wife and had a non molestation order against him. I have tried to avoid him as much as possible, and just say hello if he is standing by his front door, which is most of the day/evening.

The real problem I have was at the beginning of the year, the neighbour accused my bf of assault. My housing association took my bf to court and he was offered an undertaking for 12 months, which he agreed to. 2 weeks after the court date, neighbour called the police saying he wanted to pursue the matter further. We showed the undertaking to the officer, and he said neighbour couldn't do anything as my bf had an agreement with the court.

Let me add, my bf didn't lay a finger on my neighbour, this was vindictive behaviour regarding another matter.

I've overheard my neighbour talking with his friends saying he's going to wait until the undertaking has expired then attempt to take this further again. I have been in contact with the safety enforcement officer from my housing association, who gave me diary entries to fill in and send back, which I have. Almost 2 months ago. Heard nothing.

I am now on the social housing register for a move, as I just don't want to live there any more. This neighbour has harassed another couple that live further down my street, and have been told by the housing association that he is a nuisance tenant, yet nothing is done about him.

What I want to know is, my bf has complied 100% with the undertaking. Can my neighbour pursue charges after it has expired, even though we have stayed away from him and he complied with the undertaking?

Sorry for the long rant, but I'm at a loss what to do. Unless I get a move in the next 5 months or so.

Thanks in advance

​​​​
    Tags: None

A grandiose sense of self-importance, an extreme need for admiration, a lack of empathy, and a tendency toward manipulation and exploitation. Birthday personality
    366 Days Zodiac Calendar and Birthday Horoscopes in details. Learn Birthday Personality, Love, Career, Health Horoscope and more.

Comment

Afraid in life these people exist, I once went through this problem, but she lived in the flat below me, but as you seem to take the same action I did . Move on, because he won't stop.

Comment

was the undertaking you mention a "bind over"?

Comment

2 year old thread resurrected by spammer

Comment

ah ok thanks Des8 I saw the post by De Dogs and didn't look any further - wonder what happened??!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X