• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Issue with consent order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with consent order

Hello and thank you for reading.

I am in a VERY complex situation at the moment with regards to a consent order and property. My ex husband and I separated in 2016. I stayed in the marital home with our son. We resolved the divorce via mediation as things were very amicable at this point and my ex convinced me that we didn't need solicitors.

I was awarded all of the equity in the house on the condition that I left his generous works pension untouched. I agreed to this as I felt it fair. The consent order stipulates that I am to take responsibility for the remaining mortgage from 30th July 2020 so I've been looking for a lender. But it turns out that my ex never put me on the deeds. So now I am stuck on a position where I can't get put on the deeds without a lender to agree a mortgage and I can't find a lender who'll agree to a mortgage without being on the deeds. My ex has asked his lender if I can be added retrospectively and I cannot.

My broker thinks that if I can revisit the market in 6 months or so, lenders may be more relaxed about this odd situation and be able to process the application asa special case. With the pandemic situation, lenders are very nervous of anything not run of the mill. Obviously, I don't have 6 months due to the date constraints on the court order. My broker said actually there is no caveat on the order saying "if I can be added to the deeds" so I may be granted a time extension or in the least a judge wouldn't penalise me for not adhering to the set date as there's plenty of evidence that I've been trying my hardest to resolve this but what is holding me up is my ex not declaring that he hadn't added me to the deeds. Another factor that is working against me is the current pandemic. My broker advised me that several of the products she would have recommended to me at the beginning of March just aren't there now and lenders are being super jumpy about my unusual situation and that waiting until the market stabilises is my best bet.

I hope all of that makes some sense. What I really want to know is, what will happen if I wait 6 months to see if I can find a lender willing to take me on? Will I be fined? Can my ex turf me and my son out? Thank you.
    Tags: None

EsaMil Please don't link to 3rd party commercial sites. The OP wants legal advice not mortgage quotes.

SausageCat This is a problem for quite a few people currently. A new consent order may be needed to cover the extra time required to find a lender. Ultimately a new court case may be required if your ex is being awkward but there is low likelihood of you becoming homeless in the near future. Can you instruct a solicitor to deal with this
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X