• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kids meeting new partner?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ilikecrisps
    started a topic Kids meeting new partner?

    Kids meeting new partner?


    I'm in the process of divorcing my husband, who is abusivesnd controlling. Unfortunately, I'm still having to share a house with him - I've been advised to stay in the house as otherwise I'll lose any claim on it. The only way out is apparently a refuge, and that really is a last resort.

    In the meantime, my husband states that I'm not allowed to introduce our children to my new boyfriend (or even let my boyfriend see a photograph of them). Can my husband do this?

    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

  • Trev1234
    Indeed think of the kids!

    Leave a comment:

  • Amethyst
    I've been advised to stay in the house as otherwise I'll lose any claim on it.

    I don't know your specific circumstances or where you have obtained advice but have a read through this.https://rightsofwomen.org.uk/get-inf...-to-your-home/

    Personally, I would get your divorce and accommodation arrangements sorted out before considering bringing any third party into the situation.

    Leave a comment:

  • efpom
    In a word "No"

    Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site, JustBeagle...

justbeagle screenshot

Find a Law Firm NOW

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm