• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Care Home Fees and Equity Release

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • G7ivp
    started a topic Care Home Fees and Equity Release

    Care Home Fees and Equity Release

    A & B are married and own their own home which is their only asset; they have no savings. A is B's carer. B has a progressive, disabling condition, for which there is no cure. B will need lifetime care which will become more and more demanding. A is finding it difficult now and worries that A needs to go into residential care. If they take Equity Release on their home and give the money to their children, will the local authority refuse to pay for B's care as they have deprived themselves of capital?
    Tags: None

  • des8
    I understand that the value of the home will not be taken into account when means testing if the spouse A continues living there,
    So no need to look to equity release

    Couple of useful explanatory websites:

    Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site, JustBeagle...

justbeagle screenshot

Find a Law Firm NOW

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm