• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Historical sexual abuse

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Historical sexual abuse

    wonder if anyone could advise me .I live in uk .I was sexually abused as a child ,suffer severe mental health problems as a result .Have had counseling psychologist psychiatrist etc .my medical files full of history .my question is do I have to report my abuser being my father to police to pursue a compensation claim against him thank you
    Tags: None

  • #2
    No technical requirement, but it would be unusual, and double the expense.
    Is he insured? Can you fund such a claim?


    • #3
      I think you needed to report him because he caused you a lot of pain, both physical and mental.


      View our Terms and Conditions

      LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

      If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

      If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.