• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wife has left with baby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife has left with baby

Hello all

My wife gave birth in February. Ever since, she has had a character change. She is rude, bites my head off and is ready to have a fight whenever she can. She even got in touch with a family friend of hers.
    I informed our surgery and booked a post natal appointment for her. I did not tell my wife that I had done this. She turned up at her appointment and found out. She then told the Doctor God knows what. The Doctor then called the family friend and then they hatched a plan. My wife was to come back the next day with a fake appointment for her and my baby and then the family friend would turn up and take her to her house.

I dropped off my wife and kept waiting outside for 2 hours. My wife then rung to say she has told the doctor everything and social services has been called for Safeguarding reasons. She said she wants to stay at her family friend's house and I agreed. She said she would call me 10 mins. later and I would be expected to drop her off. Another hour went and then she rung saying she isn't coming with me as social services think I am a threat to her.

I went home and then the Old Bill arrived and said the wife had made allegations that I was controlling and coercive. I was arrested and then taken to a custody place. I was released as I had never been arrested before, I had not harmed my wife, there was never any domestic violence complaints against me and I did not know the address of the family friend. I was also told that I would be contacted later for an interview.

What should I do about these bs allegations my wife has brought against me? What can I do about getting my child back?
    Apart from the name, I don't even know that family friend! I bet she fed my wife some dodgy ideas.

Tags: None

Anyone?

Comment

Sorry, but I can't comment on your predicament due to lack of knowledge, but for goodness sake when you attend for the interview do not attend without a solicitor.
      Seek out a solicitor conversant with family law and offers legal aid
      As the interview will be under caution the solicitors attendance will not cost you.

If you cannot find a solicitor at least insist on the duty solicitor attending. This is your right and free.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        Sorry, but I can't comment on your predicament due to lack of knowledge, but for goodness sake when you attend for the interview do not attend without a solicitor.
        Seek out a solicitor conversant with family law and offers legal aid
        As the interview will be under caution the solicitors attendance will not cost you.

If you cannot find a solicitor at least insist on the duty solicitor attending. This is your right and free.
        I have met a few family law solicitors and all have said that they cannot be present during this interview as they would just be sitting there and would not be able to say anything. All bar one showed no interest in my case.

They have said that I cannot do anything. All I can do is apply for a child contact order , which apparently costs £215 and then £450+vat solicitor fee and then £750+vat solicitor fee at every court hearing. I do not have that kind of money and this will make me go bankrupt! I also do not qualify for legal aid as I earn £2k/month before taxes. At this point, I have almost decided that I do not want to see my child due to the size of the expenses involved.

1.Should I then NOT apply for a child contact order?

2.I am just waiting to see what my wife does - if she files for a divorce. Do both parties have to agree to a divorce? What if I do not agree to it ?

3.Is there nothing that I can do against my wife? How can she just make up some bs domestic abuse like allegations and break up my family?

Comment

You have been accused of criminal acts (coercion & controlling behaviour is covered by Section 76 of the Serious Crime Act 2015) so do not attend that police interview without the presence of a solicitor.
          If you can't arrange your own, insist on at least the duty solicitor accompanying you.

Regarding your other points i regret I just don't know .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X