• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Indirect Contact Proposal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indirect Contact Proposal

So have received a "Indirect Contact Proposal" from my ex partner and her "Legal Aid" in reference to our two young boys.

So back in September 2020 my ex partner decided to stop all contact and started the accusation bus.

Social services carried out their report due to claims against myself and even though the report was an absolute shambles, They wished for contact to continue but no overnight stays till the children are of an older age to be better able to express themselves and explain situations.
    This was instantly blocked by the mother and was informed i would need to start court proceedings if i wished to see the children.

Mediation was refused by mother and C100 form was entered and proceedings began.
    Cafcass did their lovely telephone interview with myself and mother and decided to request all contact to be stopped and the only contact recommended to be allowed is Card/Video-calls/Letters and gifts to rebuild a relationship back with the children.

I have now received an Indirect contact proposal which states that any Letters/Gifts/Cards are to be directed to the solicitors and no Video calling will be taking place due to insufficient third party contacts able to assist with mothers side.

We note that CAFCASS does not support any direct contact
    arrangements between you and the children at this stage due to
    safeguarding concerns. We note CAFCASS have recommended that
    you have indirect contact with the children by way of notes, gifts
    and videos calls which are facilitated by a third party to establish a
    relationship.
    Our client is mindful that it is important for the children to re-build
    their relationship with you. Given the children’s young ages, our
    client proposes that she provides you with monthly updates and
    photographs of the children via solicitors. Our client also proposes
    that any letters, cards or gifts sent by you should be sent to us
    initially and we will forward to our client on your behalf.
    Our client is unable to facilitate indirect contact by way of videocalls
    at this stage due to having no third-party who could possibly assist
    with such an arrangement. Our client will of course review her
    position in respect of video calls at a later stage.
    Our client is aware of the importance of the children having a
    positive relationship with their father and consistent contact. It
    would be appreciated if you were to fully engage in these
    negotiations. Our client would like to stress that regular indirect
    contact will benefit all parties, particularly the children.
    In the event that you agree with our client’s indirect contact
    proposals, we would ask that you respond to us directly with
    confirmation of the same. Moreover, if you wish to negotiate the
    contents of the letter, we can confirm we are instructed to do so.

NO orders have been put in place and our first Directional hearing stands at the end of July.
    I have some ideas on what i would like to reply to the above email but any assistance or help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    Kelvin
    Tags: None

You posted this on 7th May 2021, I'm sorry no one has replied to you before now. It seems you are being bullied into agreeing their terms.

Can you give me an update as to what has happened since?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X