• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

step parent and family assets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• step parent and family assets

my mom is suffering from dementia and or altimeters, (75 yrs old) not sure what if anything step-dad does for her as far as meds. he dodges any direct questions. He wont hire professionals to care for her or take her to adult daycare. He sold their NJ home and moved to NC (where no family lives) purchased the NC home with cash. Just recently (this past november) he and my mom signed a quitclaim dead transferring the property from their names into HIS living trust. He did tell my sibling that he wanted to create a living trust but our mom refused to, sign or change her will. So he could only create a living trust for himself.. He made no mention of transfering the property into his own living trust.
    my concern is that she worked very hard all her life, entered into a marriage with someone who was not as well off and didn't earn as much.. and now he isn't providing her with the care she deserves.

so now what??
    Tags: None

So I just realized this is a forum for folks in England, so next question is do you know or a US sister forum?

Comment

Unfortunately this is a UK based site so doubtful if you will get a response.

However if your mother is suffering from dementia you may be able to unwind any contracts that she made.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X