• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CMS right off CSA Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMS right off CSA Debt

Hello I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction or give me some advice.

I'm a parent with care and have an open case with the CMS which they’re trying to collect on my behalf. I got a letter from them stating that the debt owed to me carried over from the CSA will be wrote off as this debt can’t be recovered this is £3k this doesn’t include the debt that is owed while the case has been with CMS which is a further £5k. What can I do surly they can’t do that “oh we can’t get that money so it’s no longer owed, is this going to happen in a few years time when they still haven’t managed to get back they other money she owes? Currently she is working but she moves jobs quite frequently, I’m not receiving any regular payments and haven’t for years it doesn’t seem right that she will get away without providing for her child. could l take her to court for the money can I make the CMS try and collect this money?

Any advice would be much appreciated
    Tags: None

In my experience they only go after easy targets, as she's a moving target they think it’s too much like hard work and easier for them to just write it off. I appreciate, that’s no use to you but if they can’t recover it with all the means at their disposal there is little hope of you recovering it either.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X