• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I go against an enforcement order if more beneficial for the other parent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I go against an enforcement order if more beneficial for the other parent?

My wife and I got divorced last year.
    She lives in Liverpool.
    I live in Sheffield.
    We have an arrangement where we collect and drop our son in Stockport. He is 3 year old.
    We normally both drive.
    My sister is going abroad for work and has asked me to stay at her home in Liverpool and look after her two children also which is 12 minutes drive from her home rather than going all the way to Stockport.
    I have messaged her about this being in her favor and coming to my sisters house as she has been before & knows where it is.
    She is being difficult and not co-operating with me despite saying previously in an email that she would be happy to collect also from my sisters house but now she is saying we should meet in Stockport going against the very email she wrote to me not that long ago.
    What happens if I break this order and insist she comes to my sister's house where I will be?
    It makes zero sense for us both to get in cars from Liverpool and drive to Stockport only to have to come back.
    This is not the best for our son as he will have to be in a car both ways unnecessarily and a waste of time, fuel and money and mileage to do this ridiculous swap over as we are BOTH in Liverpool.
    Is it breaking an order if one side is giving more than ordered making it easier for the other parent?

Also what if i move to a different town in the next month that is a lot closer to where she lives?
    Do we simply have to make nonsensical journeys towards the east or can we simply work it out between ourselves between the courts as it is simply better for parents and children?
    Tags: None

Good Morning.
    IS anybody able to assist with this please or provide some basic advice?

Many thanks

Comment

Peridot

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X