• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

86 year old father with early demetia - financial abuse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 year old father with early demetia - financial abuse

Hi All,

I'm looking to find out my best options relating to my father. He has early-onset dementia lives in the UK, but he has been sending money abroad to someone who is not a family member each week. Myself and my siblings are concerned as even a close family member has pointed this out to us. We have no idea how much money he is sending as he keeps this from us.

What options do I have to protect him as the ones he sends money to is based outside the UK?

Thanks

Tya
    Tags: None

If he is not of sound mind then I suggest maybe getting social work and doctors involved and they can assess whether he needs intervention like a Power of attorney or guardianship from a family member. I had this done with my grandma and once I had access to her financial info I found that she was paying for a family members Internet And Tv package etc without knowing. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Claire RoseL View Post
      If he is not of sound mind then I suggest maybe getting social work and doctors involved and they can assess whether he needs intervention like a Power of attorney or guardianship from a family member. I had this done with my grandma and once I had access to her financial info I found that she was paying for a family members Internet And Tv package etc without knowing. Good luck
      Hi Claire,

Thank you so much for your response. I will look into this straight away.

I will keep you posted.

Tya

Comment

Hi, I would recommend that you make a safeguarding Adults to your local council so that they can make further enquiries and support.They discuss with police etc if required.

Comment

Originally posted by Showar54 View Post
          Hi, I would recommend that you make a safeguarding Adults to your local council so that they can make further enquiries and support.They discuss with police etc if required.
          Thank you for this information, I will look into this.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X