• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Assets and stepchildren

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assets and stepchildren

Hello. *Would be grateful for thoughts. *Currently been living with partner for 18 years. *He has children from previous relationships but due to massive falling out, has nothing to do with any of them bar one. This will not change. *We made wills sometime ago and the ones he fell out with are not beneficiaries. *He has written a supporting statement to this effect, explaining why, which is kept with his will as advised by solicitor. *We are not married. *I received an inheritance not too long ago (and in any case, I am the major asset holder), which, we both agree, is mine (as his assets are his) and we have made our wills to reflect this accordingly. *He would like to enter into a civil partnership with me. *I am ambivalent about this, mostly due to the fact that I labour under the (possibly misguided) notion, that marriage or CP between us, brings his cut out stepchildren closer to my assets should they decide to kick off in the future. *I wonder if it is best to remain as we are, due to my worries about those children. * Many thanks for any thoughts.
    Tags: None

Hi Jayne,

I am sorry if I misunderstood this. I would suggest to contact a solicitor and draft a document/agreement regarding your concerns, and it can be a proof in the future.

Hope it helps.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X