• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Equity/TOLATA/Equitable accounting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equity/TOLATA/Equitable accounting

Hi all
    My ex (mother to my child) and I spilt up just over three years ago. Not married. I moved out, she stayed in the house which I had bough solely and is in my name only. We only lived there for 9 months prior to separation. In total we had been together 5 years. child was just shy of three pre split. I have financed the house fully and paid for the mortgage in full (bar the fact that I stopped paying child maintenance at some point as i was paying full mortgage- this is an agreement we had). I tried to sell the house, and in the end she prevented it by raising a second court order, occupations and also now under schedule 1 and TOLATA. We are due to go to FDR once court re opens. I had offered her 40% of the equity on sale for her to leave as she has no financial provisions and the children (she has son from previous who i looked after) so she could stay local. The house was under offer and close to exchange but last minute she pulled the plug by taking me to court. Since court I have no offered her to stay in the house until our son is 18 if she pays the mortgage or at least part but on the condition that i now retain 100% ownership and equity when i sell after son is 18yrs old. She wants to do this but is not willing to accept the equity situation citing that she has beneficial interest in the property, I see it as her essentially being a tenant in a house a bought outright so she wouldn't have any interest just like a tenant doesn't. She obviously doesn't see it like that. I think she has weak grounds for beneficial interest.
    Any ideas?
    Best
    Mac G
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X