• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed on abuse claims.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed on abuse claims.

Hi, two years ago my 18 yr niece left home and went to her dad's family. Her dad had been absent from her life until a few years previous, but my sister had always made sure she and her brothers had regular contact with his family including staying with them in holidays and weekends. She made numerous allegations of abuse from all the way back to them being young children including starvation, neglect and said she is transgender and that her mum sent her to conversion therapy. My sister had no idea her daughter was struggling with her gender and has witnesses in family members who lived with her when her children where small as well as her two other children who can confirm no abuse or neglect took place.
    The issue is her daughter continually makes posts on social media talking of her abuse and traumatic childhood and my sister has asked her on numerous occasions to stop but she refuses to . My sister's other children are now 18 and 16 and have taken notice of what is happening and have made contact with they're sister asking her to stop the lies and make amends but she won't listen . Is there anything my sister can do legally., she doesn't know what to do and contacting her daughter isn't helping . Thank you.

Tags: None

Really he said she said sorry but if they were abused one sibling can be how would you feel? if you feel it is slander then take it as slander and deal with all parties involved be prepared for family skeletons or victory* very sad whatever outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Primalhawk View Post
      Hi, two years ago my 18 yr niece left home and went to her dad's family. Her dad had been absent from her life until a few years previous, but my sister had always made sure she and her brothers had regular contact with his family including staying with them in holidays and weekends. She made numerous allegations of abuse from all the way back to them being young children including starvation, neglect and said she is transgender and that her mum sent her to conversion therapy. My sister had no idea her daughter was struggling with her gender and has witnesses in family members who lived with her when her children where small as well as her two other children who can confirm no abuse or neglect took place.
      The issue is her daughter continually makes posts on social media talking of her abuse and traumatic childhood and my sister has asked her on numerous occasions to stop but she refuses to . My sister's other children are now 18 and 16 and have taken notice of what is happening and have made contact with they're sister asking her to stop the lies and make amends but she won't listen . Is there anything my sister can do legally., she doesn't know what to do and contacting her daughter isn't helping . Thank you.
      This bears all the Hallmarks of "Parent Alienation" - an increasingly aware and extremely toxic form of Child Abuse.
      I would recommend, researching this first, before any legal channels pursued. YouTube is a very good source for this topic*

Comment

the child is attempting to alienate the parent, and it is really damaging, we have been parents who were accused of abuse by one of our children and as an adult in a case where we were trying to get to see our grandchildren she even got social workers believing her. Its awful to be on the end of this sort of allegation especially when you've tried to be a good parent. I don't know the legal side although I suspect that you could apply for some sort of order to prevent her doing this, I would also suggest going straight to the social media forum and complaining about her posts, suggest that this is not appropriate and not true especially if she is naming names. Also I might consider the police, they sometimes can get involved with preventing this sort of behaviour.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X