• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Non molestation order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll have to see what is directed but yes if she has a copy she could add more to her statement for the full hearing to explain things further. She can't change her story though as that will simply stick out like a sore thumb.

Did you try speaking with the Police about the alleged report/trying to find you issue?

I know I don't need to say it, but just make sure you keep your distance, don't contact her at all, and don't respond if she attempts to goad you into contact - keep records/diary whatever of any communication from her, and tbh, considering how things are, I'd try and keep records of where you are and when - parking tickets, shop receipts, photos, even google maps SAT nav records etc if poss to evidence, just in case any allegations pop up between now and the full hearing.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      You'll have to see what is directed but yes if she has a copy she could add more to her statement for the full hearing to explain things further. She can't change her story though as that will simply stick out like a sore thumb.

Did you try speaking with the Police about the alleged report/trying to find you issue?

I know I don't need to say it, but just make sure you keep your distance, don't contact her at all, and don't respond if she attempts to goad you into contact - keep records/diary whatever of any communication from her, and tbh, considering how things are, I'd try and keep records of where you are and when - parking tickets, shop receipts, photos, even google maps SAT nav records etc if poss to evidence, just in case any allegations pop up between now and the full hearing.
      I haven't spoken to the police about the alleged report or them trying to find me yet, but I was told by the first solicitor I saw that there's no reason for me to hand myself in just because she said they are trying to locate me. Also it's been 3 weeks now and I haven't heard anything. I was served with the order by the courts at my address, so I would have assumed the police would be able to easily find me as well.

Should I just go to my local police station and ask if there is a warrant out for my arrest?

Comment

haha...there won't be a warrant out for your arrest, but if she had made complaint to the police they might invite you in for an interview.
        However, although the police are hard pressed, a delay of three weeks indicates the priority they are giving it (if complaint was ever made)

Comment

Would it be sensible to check a complaint has/hasn't been made, being as it has been pleaded in the application for a non-molestation order ( presumably to give credence to the statement that she is in fear of the OP )
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

As I said in post 8 I cannot see any reason for not contacting the police as
            1) if they are going to speak with OP, get it over and done with and obtain confirmation it was a complaint without foundation or
            2) confirmation there was no complaint to the police so it is a false pleading

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
              As I said in post 8 I cannot see any reason for not contacting the police as
              1) if they are going to speak with OP, get it over and done with and obtain confirmation it was a complaint without foundation or
              2) confirmation there was no complaint to the police so it is a false pleading
              I guess I'll go to a police station next week and find out. I guess I'm just nervous, not because I'm guilty but I don't have much experience in dealing with the police as a suspect.

Comment

Nerves are absolutely normal - you'd be weird if you weren't nervous really - it's a crappy situation to be in but this hanging over you can't be particularly nice so finding out one way or the other has to be a good thing - and you can add it to your case definitively if it's an invention, and if not, you can deal with it. Just tell them that someone's put a statement to court stating the police are looking for you following a report so, obviously, you're concerned as you haven't heard anything and have just been at home/work so not hard to locate etc. You might be able to ring them if going in will be difficult ( I think you have to ring 101 now for everything ) .
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

If you do make enquiries and the police confirm they wish to speak to you, make an appointment and insist the duty solicitor accompanies you.
                  You may think there is no case to answer, but never go to a police interview without a solicitor.

Comment

If you do make enquiries and the police confirm they wish to speak to you, make an appointment and insist the duty solicitor accompanies you.
                    You may think there is no case to answer, but never go to a police interview without a solicitor.
                    Hello All,

I haven't added anything since because I've been feeling really stressed and depressed about the situation. I took some time off work too.

But since I last posted I contacted the police and I attended the police station with my solicitor and I was arrested for Harassment. I was interviewed by one police officer and asked how long I was in a relationship with her and whether I had contacted her or her family and whether I had used her picture on social media. or u I'd had been contacting. I denied all allegations and at the end of the interview they released me on bail and was set to return after 28 days. They also took my phones and said they were going to download my phones. I returned 28 days later and now I've been released under investigation under the alleged crime of Harassment without violence and the police officer who interviewed me said she is no longer dealing with the case and I need to wait until they download my phones. I asked for the name of the new officer dealing with it and she said she can't remember the officer's name but she'll get back to me.

She said they are likely to contact me by post and inform me of the outcome of the investigation.

The police had no evidence aside from a picture they showed of her on social media which has nothing to do with me. Even my solicitor said he doesn't know why they arrested me. She's claimed in the non-molestation order that she's in fear for her life but yet there's been no evidence submitted to the police or the family court (due to the fact that there isn't any for her to submit).

I've had some free advice from 2 solicitors in regards to the non-molestation order and they've both said that they can't understand why she was granted the non-molestation order in the first place, as we don't live together or have children together and the picture on social media isn't something that would requires an order to be granted.

Off the record it's been suggested that she may be doing this in order to get a property from her local authority as she currently lives with her parents and her 3 children.

Comment

Thank you for the update.
                      Hopefully the police will close their investigation with no further action.
                      Would appreciate if you can keep us posted

Comment

Thank you for the update.
                        Hopefully the police will close their investigation with no further action.
                        Would appreciate if you can keep us posted
                        I will do. Thank you all for your help.

Comment

Good Afternoon

I'm giving an update on my case. I'm basically in the same position, as I attended the family court today for the directions hearing and I was informed that my hearing had been vacated for another month by the court office.
                          I'm really annoyed as I was not informed that the hearing had been vacated and I took a day off work. I asked why the hearing had been vacated and why I hadn't received any notification.

The personnel at the office just said they are not sure why I hadn't received a notification and when they checked the system they said it was due to the applicant, but the notes on the system were sketchy (something to do with the applicant having problems with legal aid). At the initial hearing the applicant didn't have any legal representative, so I guess she is trying to get someone to represent her now.

I'm confident that my statement is enough to refute all the allegations she's made against me, as it includes a lot of evidence to prove that she's lied about many of her allegations.

But I don't think it's fair that she should be able to get legal aid and that I'm not entitled to any. I intend to get a barrister via the Public Access Directory, as I was advised that it would be cheaper for me this way and since I have a statement written, I can seek assistance from them in handling my case based on my statement.

I'm still not sure whether she has made any further statements since my initial hearing that was near the start of February, where the applicant had a deadline to respond within 14 days.

I did haven't had any response from the police since either, so it's been approximately 2 months since they've had my phones and all I was told when I attended bail 28 days ago was to try and get on with my life.

I've also been informed that she had contacted my former workplace and has informed my former manager about the non-molestation order from a former colleague (I met the applicant at that workplace). I want contact my former manager to clear my name as I don't want the false allegations to affect any employment reference I may need in the future.

Any advice or responses will be very much appreciated.

Thanks you all.

Comment

Regarding the family court, there's nothing to be done, but you are probably wise i n your decision to obtain barrister's help.

Regarding the police you could ask if there is any end in sight

Your former employer should not refer to third party allegations that have no bearing on your employment record in any references.
                            Whether or not it is worth contacting your former manager to refute the allegations is anyone's guess.

Comment

Regarding the family court, there's nothing to be done, but you are probably wise i n your decision to obtain barrister's help.

Regarding the police you could ask if there is any end in sight

Your former employer should not refer to third party allegations that have no bearing on your employment record in any references.
                              Whether or not it is worth contacting your former manager to refute the allegations is anyone's guess.
                              Thanks. I'll contact the police.

Comment

I have another update on the proceedings, I attended a directions hearing recently and my ex-partner handed in a police disclosure to the judge, which I was told will be used as evidence.

She still doesn't have legal representation, in the court she said she was having issues obtaining legal aid, so the judge has given her a final deadline to submit her final statement before the final hearing.

I'm actually pleased that she has submitted a police disclosure, as now I know what she has told the police.There are so many inconsistencies, contradictions and changes to the information she has given, in terms of the statements she made to the police and the non-molestation order.

Even within the police disclosure itself, I've identified many contradictions and changes of story, which I can't believe the police haven't identified themselves as I identified these from a quick read through the disclosure, when I sat outside the court room, after the directions hearing.

For example she lied to the police that I threatened her and another colleague with violence at my former employer, so the police recommended employee be informed and they were going to interview employees at the company to see if there was any other evidence of harassment at the workplace, but then she had changed her story saying that's not what she meant.
                                But it also states within the disclosure that she has contacted the workplace herself. (This is what I've seen as the disclosure shows the communication between her and the police).

Now that I have the police disclosure I can provide evidence to the police that prove her allegations to be false, as the last time I contacted them, they said they were still investigating and they couldn't give me a timescale as to when they would come to a decision,

I can't understand why I wasn't given the police disclosure when I was arrested at the police station, then I could have identified the lies and contradictions, instead they took my phones and asked me a bunch of questions.

Why is it I weren't given access to this police disclosure from before, I would have been able to provide so much more proof, especially as I could have shown then evidence directly from my phone, but now they are holding onto my phones, I can only rely on the information that I had already provided.

Is it still possible for me to provide evidence to my solicitor in regards to the police disclosure and show the police her non-molestation order statement, where I can prove she is lying and also to highlight the contradictions and inconsistencies in information that I've identified within the police disclosure?

The answers I gave during the police interview and the evidence I provided in my statement in regards to the non-molestation order, including text, emails and pictures show that she lied throughout her police statements and in her non-molestation order statement.

Imagine if I had been arrested before the non-molestation order, I wouldn't have had evidence of the text and pictures I provided in my non-molestation order statement because the police would have had my phone, so I'd have only been able to rely on what I had written in my statement, without any evidence to back it up.

Also I can't understand how the police haven't even questioned the reasons why she has changed her story in the reports made to them or even identified the contradictions she made in her statements to them, as I could clearly see the inconsistencies when I just quickly read through the disclosure.

Sorry guys I know this one is quite long, but I also want to know if she'll get in trouble once I can prove where she is lying and identify the lies she has told the police, because I don't think it's fair if she gets off without any punishment or warning.
                                Last edited by mitchbrowne; 18th May 2019, 09:35:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X