• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

To clarify - Letters from GP for DV case !!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • To clarify - Letters from GP for DV case !!

    Hi all,
    I need some advice . I became a victim of Domestic Violence and reported many incidents to my GP who then recorded all in medical notes. When I needed a letter from my GP explaining my dv , my GP asked me to go to the Lead GP to get the letter. So I met Lead GP and he gave me a letter after reading my medical notes. The letter signed by Lead GP above the Name of my GP's name. i.e. say, My GP name is Mr. SXXXXR..who did not sign but Signed by Lead GP , MR. MxxxxxM.. I also was charged a nominal fee .

    Then after some months I needed an other letter so that I requested the letter and was given by the same Lead GP , putting his signature and official stamp on the letter. So its confirmed that the letter was issued by Lead GP. In this letter , the Lead Gp, mentioned confirming that the earlier letter was issued by my GP ,Mr.SXXXXR ,even though my GP ddnt sign that letter.

    In the 2 letters , we can see , 2 GPs names with same signatures (only Lead GP's sign). I need to send to the court . I dont have a solicitor for my family case. What I want to clarify and confirm ;

    1. does the 'Lead GP' has authority to sign other Doctors letter who works in his Clinic are legally acceptable ?

    2. will this signatures of 'Lead GP' in two letters make my case against partner , create any suspicion of Genuineness or invalidity of letters ?

    Please kindly advise . My advance thanks for all replies.
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Hi VCDMC,

    Please don't worry the GP whether the 'lead' or your allocated one have presumably indicated having considered your medical records they can confirm that you attended for xyz. The letter is confirming your attendance in relation to issues surrounding a domestic violence situation.

    This is usual, as you can imagine GP's time is precious so it is very common for another GP in the practice to deal. The letter is headed notepaper I assume and confirms what information they have been asked to provide.

    Did the Court request the information and did they stipulate in what format this should be or are you obtaining the evidence to support an application yourself?

    Hopefully this helps.
    I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

    Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

    If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




    Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site, JustBeagle...

    justbeagle screenshot

    Find a Law Firm NOW

    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm