• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Return to work before Occupational Health review outcome issued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return to work before Occupational Health review outcome issued

Hi all

I posted this in the intro forum but realise it really belongs here.

I work full time at a business - have done for over a decade.
    Due to mental health issues, I was off work for quite a while. A few weeks before the national lockdown, I attended an Occupational Health review which confirmed a) I'm covered under the DDA, and b) my return to work should be staged.

I was in the middle of the staged return when I was put on furlough, and have been ever since.

This is due to end.

I've been given another appointment with Occ-Health but the date of the appointment means that their report/recommendations won't be available prior to furlough ending, and being back at work.

Its been suggested to me that, due to the above (report not being available before my go-back date) that I use my annual leave to cover the period until the report is recieved and a plan put in place to return to work.

This feels a little off to me as essentially the review is to check I'm OK to return to work, and suggest how that should take place, so booking myself on annual leave seems wrong.

In addition to the above - the likely outcome of the review will be to suggest another staged return (which is fine) but what will that mean in terms of the days that I won't be working due to the staging - are those "sick days" and therefore open for SSP (as Occ-Health will have essentially said I'm unfit to work them) or am I likely to only be paid for the days that I work?

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance - it'll be very much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Do you know how long it will be until the report is due?

Could you be placed on sick leave until the report is due? Depending on how long this is for then you may need a GP's Fitness to Work note?

In regard to pay whilst you are on a staged return this should be on the same basis as was agreed when you were in the middle of your staged return prior to bing put on furlough. Typically though If you are returning to your normal duties but on reduced hours, you should be paid your normal rate of pay for those hours worked and for the time you are not able to work, you should be paid sick pay if you are entitled to it.

If you are being put on lighter duties, it's up to your employer to agree a rate of pay based on what you are doing.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thanks for the reply - it's much appreciated.

To answer your question - I suspect it will be around a week between when I should be back at work and the report being issued.

I don't see any problem getting a Dr's note to cover that time but am unsure how to have the conversation with HR to suggest it should be covered by a note rather than take it as annual leave which is what they're suggesting I do at the moment.

Thanks again

Comment

When did they ask you about taking the time as leave? Since if an employer requires an employee to take annual leave they must given you twice as much notice as the leave period. So they may not have given you enough notice. That may be the lead into the conversation which could then provide the solution of seeing if your GP would agree to sign you off sick.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X