• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ raised for wrong person

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ raised for wrong person

Hi guys,

I'm new to this but i really need some help, recently me and my partner are looking to buy a house but he we have noticed a CCJ in his name that has been wrongfully placed on his credit file along with the default payment. He and his dad have there same name except middle name, the debt is his dads. We contacted Equifax and they removed the default as it had the date of birth on it proving it wasn't his but the CCJ has no date of birth and has just been place on his file. Equifax have said they need proof to remove the CCJ so they can send it to the court.
    This is where lowell solicitors come in they have the debt and have the proof that's not my partners CCJ as they possess the information that would help remove this stain of his file as we're really struggling to remove it

They don't want to help, they're making it extremely hard to remove. His dad has offered to pay off the debt but only if it's put back in his name and proof is provided to him that it's his (so we can prove it's not my partner's) and still we have nothing, they also said that they do not have to leaglly provide us with proof or documentation which I know is wrong but they keep palming us off to their admin team which is over email and not responding to our emails unless to say they won't help. We have spoken to Northampton court and they've searched his name and date of birth and the CCJ has not been raised in his name. I believe lowell have just raised it against his credit file.

First question
    How do we get them to provide us with proof of the debt, what is it we need to ask for? And what should they provide

Second Question
    Can we sue them for causing us such problems they've made us miss out on several houses because we cannot borrow money because of the CCJ, everything else on my partner's credit file is great, he's kept up with every payment and paid things off on time, it's just this CCJ which isn't even ours that's causing the issue.

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X