• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell portfolio vs Sailor86

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell portfolio vs Sailor86

Hello all,

So here are the particulars of my case.

Received a claim? yes

Issue Date: 24/04/19

Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: yes

Total Amount Claimed : £1500

Claimant’s Name: Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

Solicitors Firm: Lowell Solicitors Limited

Original Creditor: Shop direct

Original Debt : catalogue

Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
    1. the defendant opened a littlewoods regulated consumer credit account under reference xxxx on ##/11/2009 (“the Agreement”)
    2. in breach of the agreement, the defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the agreement was terminated.
    3. The agreement was later assigned to the claimant on ##02/2014 and written notice given to the defendant.
    4. Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £###@ remains due and outstanding. And the claimant claims

a) the said sum of £###@

b) interest pursuant to s69 Count Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £###, but limited to one year, being £###

c) costs

Is the debt Statute Barred: No

List any letters you have sent:

CPR 31.14 to lowell solicitors and CCA request to lowell portfolio, copy to the solicitors. All sent a few days after the acknowledgement to the court

I have now recived a letter from lowell solicitors stating:

They have recived acklogment of service,

Have requested documents from original creditor, although are unable to control the time it will take,

Requested a notice of assignment from the client,

Do not accept or reconise my correspondence as legal notice and does not accept the fee schedule in my letter,

​​​​Iam now looking for advice as I do not understand what they mean by the fee schedule, I have not mentioned this at all in a letter or even understand what they mean.

I'm still awaiting a response from lowel regarding the CCA request.

I'm trying to compile my defense and shall be going on the not having viewed the CCA etc, any advice on this would be great.

I have followed advice from the other posts etc but have now come to a hurdle.

I thank you in advance.

Tags: None

I was thinking of going down the route of an N224 form, but am unsure on that and would I have to pay the £255 upfront with this. What is the process of it and can I file this form online through the mocl? On your guidance it states tick for a hearing. Will I have to attend that hearing?

Thanks again.

Comment

​​​​I am now looking for advice as I do not understand what they mean by the fee schedule, I have not mentioned this at all in a letter or even understand what they mean.

Would seem they are still using reference to the silly get out of debt for free letters i.e.:- bills sent as copyright nonsense, of course you never succumbed to that site? mind you that type letter received by some on sites in the past, compensation? leave alone at this stage, in fact unless you can have concrete evidence concentrate on fact they are after your money?

Comment

as far as your defence :- submit it 48 hrs before deadline as then you will have up to date info or not and then state no CCA etc etc if not received any earlier then you have given them ammunition, before doing anything ask peeps on here! Amethyst

Comment

OK, thanks, so I shall just get my defense in and take it from there.

Comment

Hi all,

Just wanted to check that, the 28 days you have to submit your defense is taken 5 days from the court claim issue date.

Eg issued on the 24/04/19, my defense would be required to be in on 27/05/19?

Comment

Originally posted by Sailor86 View Post
              Hi all,

Just wanted to check that, the 28 days you have to submit your defense is taken 5 days from the court claim issue date.

Eg issued on the 24/04/19, my defense would be required to be in on 27/05/19?
              hi there

Was the Claim issued in the CCBC? if it was then on the top right you will have an issue date, the issue date you add 5 days to to get the date of service.

You have 28 days from the date of service to defend unless you agree an extension to file a defence to the claim
              I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi,
                Yes it was ccbc. Thanks for confirming that.

Comment

HI all,

So its getting towards the date for me to submit my defence, I have written it but would it be possible for some to give a quick check over please?

Comment

Hello,

So after my defence was submitted I have received what looks like my credit agreement, a breakdown of the bill and notice that the debt had been sold to Lowell. im not sure how genuine these documents are either.

However on the claim it did not include the when the default notice was given so could not ask for a copy of the notice, but in my defence stated I did not recall receiving a default notice.

Do they need to provide this as I belive its my last defence?? im a bit stuck as to what to do next, can someone please help!

Many thanks

Comment

Is the credit agreement complete? ( ie includes all the terms and prescribed terms? ) is it shop direct finance / home shopping or Littlewoods on the agreement - presumably it was an online application/agreement in 2009 ?

Any dispute over the amount being claimed, any PPI involved etc? Do you know when you defaulted on the account ? ( is it still showing on your credit file?)
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst,

Yes the agreement looks complete from what I can tell and its named up as shop direct finance company limited.
                        No real dispute about the amount, however there are question marks against some figures not stating what they were for.
                        I don't believe I had PPI.
                        And yes it was an online agreement in 2009.
                        No it is not showing on my credit file any longer but was until recently.

Comment

Also the default was about Feb 14

Comment

So I offered a very small amount to settle and they rejected, however they did offer a tomlin order, can I have some advice on this please

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X