• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received a Claim Form from Lowell - Really Worried

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crux008super View Post
    Hi AMETHYST

Should I send SAR to EE on below address? Thanks,

Information Disclosure Manager
    EE Ltd
    1 Trident Place, Building 5 1st Floor,
    Hatfield Business Park Hatfield,
    Hertfordshire
    AL10 9BW

or

PO Box 2681
    BT Centre
    81 Newgate Street
    London
    EC1A 7AJ
    IT shouldnt matter as long as it goes to a EE office, ideally their registered office, you could call them and ask where to send a sar request, that should give you the answer
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thanks PT2537 I have send SAR to EE and CPR to Lowell Solicitors yesterday. Do you know how many days I have until I need to give my defence?

They issued claim on 16/04/2019 and I acknowledge it with intend to defend on 29/04/2019 how many days I have before I need to submit my defence? Also, thanks AMETHYST for clarification on CPR.

Comment

I had emailed EE as well and they replied today with standard email as below. What should I reply with I do not have alleged Orange mobile number. Should I give them Orange account number Lowell is claiming?

Thank you for your email,
        We are able to assist with your personal information request (Subject Access Request) under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018.
        Please be advised that we consider each request individually and do all we can to respond within one month.
        Under GDPR Article 12(3) organisations are permitted to extend access requests for up to two further months from the date of receipt if the request is complex.
        To prevent any delay processing your request please ensure they you've provided the following;

Name
        Address
        Account Number
        Mobile Number
        Dates and Times for Period of Interest

Thanks,

Customer Data Disclosures.

Comment

33 days from the date of issue ( printed on the claim form)
          so around 16th May.

The SAR is about an individual not an account so if you don't have account details just give them the info they'd need to identify you as a person ( date of birth, full name, address and previous address etc )
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Cool, AMETHYST Thank you very much... Very much relived now.. I will wait until 14th May to see if EE or Lowell send anything. Do I have to do anything in the meantime apart from sending CPR and SAR requests?

Comment

Hi, AMETHYST and PT2537

I still haven't heard anything back from LOWELL regarding my CPR request and EE's email regarding SAR request stated that it could take around a month.

I have to submit defence in few days can someone help me draft that? I have no clue how to do that.

Thanks again.

Comment

Any help in submitting my defence? I guess I have to submit before 4pm tomorrow... It would be useful if someone can help draft me one. Thanks,

Comment

nudge to PT2537 and AMETHYST any ideas with my defence would be really helpful. Thanks a lot

Comment

nudge to PT2537 and AMETHYST any ideas with my defence would be really helpful. Thanks a lot
                    Hi I think Ame is away for the moment.

I do believe there is a defence template on the forum that often gets used. Personally i prefer to draft my own pleadings based on the individual case, templates work to a point.

ill see if i have any time later to offer any pointers but today is something of a train wreck, we are crazy busy at the moment
                    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Thanks for the response PT2537 I am trying to use the template it should be fine but just want someone to scan it through one more time before I submit it online. Also, I can submit defence online right? I don't have to print and sign and then post it?

Comment

Thanks for the response PT2537 I am trying to use the template it should be fine but just want someone to scan it through one more time before I submit it online. Also, I can submit defence online right? I don't have to print and sign and then post it?
                        You can email your defence, to the CCBC if thats the Court thats dealing with it. Online does limit the word count a little.

Or you could submit on line if you really wanted to. Do you have a draft working defence?

Comment

Hi PT2537 Here is my draft for the defence. To be honest I do recall having Orange account 6 years ago but I think I have stopped paying because of the network issue or falling out with them. I am still unsure as it can be my partner at the time but I definitely still want to defend in full just in case I am right.

DEFENCE
                          1. I received the claim XXXXXX from the Northampton County Court on 16/04/2019.
                          2. Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.
                          3. This claim appears to be for a telecommunications agreement.
                          4. It is denied that the Defendant has ever entered into an agreement with Orange for their services.
                          5. The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.
                          6. The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from Orange to Lowell Portfolio Ltd on 18/12/2013. I do not recall receiving notice of this assignment.
                          7. On the 07/06/2018 I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Lowell Solicitors Limited. I requested the Claimant provide copies of the"agreement with Orange under account reference 98101141" and "notice given to the Defendant" of assignment.
                          8. Lowell Solicitors Limited has not sent any of these documents to me.
                          9. If the Claimant seeks the court to make an order based on the Defendant entering into "an agreement with Orange under account reference 98101141 ('the Agreement')" the Defendant shall require the Claimant supply said agreement.
                          10. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore, it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.
                          11. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.
                          12. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.
                          13. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Comment

any suggestions on above draft? PT2537

Comment

Well I submitted my defence but I think I messed up the date..because I was rushing and panicking... Just realised it now.. I typed 07/06/2019 for SAR and CPR requests. I submitted it online. Any chance I can rectify that? PT2537 AMETHYST ?

Comment

Hi PT2537 AMETHYST
                                I got letter from Lowell saying they want to mediate or I can call their offices and arrange a settlement? I am not sure does it mean they won't go to court if I settle early or they will accept lower settlement amount then the original claim now?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X