• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Solicitors ignoring my 'prove it' letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Solicitors ignoring my 'prove it' letter

Hi,

Firstly let me thank you for taking to time to read my post here.

I have been receiving letters from Lowell Portfolio re a Credit Card debt for a while now. I don't acknowledge the debt and as such I just ignored their letters.

Eventually I received a letter of claim from Lowell Solicitors giving me 30 days to prevent legal action.
    At this point I figured I should deal with this matter.

I sent a 'prove it' to Lowell Solicitors via recorded delivery.

I have since received a reply to my prove it letter stating
    'We note you have made reference to the Financial Conduct Authority's Consumer Credit sourcebook however; you have not provided any evidence as to what your dispute relates to.

My prove it letter states clearly 'I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to <creditor>'

What would be my recommended next steps here?
    I was about to raise a complaint to the Financial Conduct Authority, but decided to search the internet before I did so and came across this forum, so figured I would ask for advice first.

I have uploaded copies of the 'prove it' letter I sent and the reply from Lowell Solicitors with any identifying information blacked out.

Kind Regards!
    Tags: None

Hi & welcome to LB

Advice via Debt Camel

Always keep a copy & get proof of sending.

I was about to raise a complaint to the Financial Conduct Authority
    It would seem that the Financial Ombudsman is the appropriate route.
    If you get a letter about a debt you don’t recognise or which is paid, use this "Prove It!" letter here to challenge the debt collector.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

You could also include a letter 'further to pre-action protocol', asking for a copy of the alleged credit card agreement, all relevant terms & conditions including any variations to same & all other relevant data which they hold re this matter.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

hi

I agree with CHARITYNJW , if you have received an official letter before action they should also enclose a set of forms for you to fill in one of these forms gives you the opportunity to request further information and documents that you are entitled to.

what i would do is to return the appropriate form ( think it is section 3 or 4 ) requiring further information put in the form 'please see separate letters' then along with the form send an official CCA request for a copy of the agreement and also a request for a copy of the default notice, statement of account showing how the alleged sums have become due and also proof of assignment including a copy of the deed of assignment showing proof that lowell have full title of this account.

Comment

Originally posted by chareosS View Post
          hi

...... and also proof of assignment including a copy of the deed of assignment showing proof that lowell have full title of this account.
          Hi ChareosS

How do you get on with this request?
          They're virtually certain to knock you back on this (probably citing 'legal privilege' or somesuch nonsense.)
          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

they will be very quick to write back stating that you have no right to see the deed etc etc, as they do not want you to see this. But i have raised this issue within the defense most recently with cabot / restons who said the same thing you aint getting it.

a month later a copy of the deed arrives ! at the end of the day an a4 sheet of paper which says hey we own your debt pay up does NOT confer a benefit on the purchaser and does NOT prove title to the account.

the difficulty is the judges who seem to accept anything, however the burden of proof is with the claimant and an A4 sheet of paper does not prove anything. Especially when the 'owner' of the account has NO paperwork whatsoever ? are they really the owner ? with no paperwork to prove it ?

Comment

Originally posted by chareosS View Post
              they will be very quick to write back stating that you have no right to see the deed etc etc, as they do not want you to see this. But i have raised this issue within the defense most recently with cabot / restons who said the same thing you aint getting it.

a month later a copy of the deed arrives ! at the end of the day an a4 sheet of paper which says hey we own your debt pay up does NOT confer a benefit on the purchaser and does NOT prove title to the account.

the difficulty is the judges who seem to accept anything, however the burden of proof is with the claimant and an A4 sheet of paper does not prove anything. Especially when the 'owner' of the account has NO paperwork whatsoever ? are they really the owner ? with no paperwork to prove it ?
              Any help?

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Also
                Letter to New Owners of Credit Agreement 1 - Download as Word Doc (.doc), PDF File (.pdf), Text File (.txt) or read online. L t n o o c a
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X