• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form from Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form from Lowell

Hi I'm wondering if anybody can help me, i have received a claim form from county court for an old vodafone contract debt which has been passed to lowell. I took out the contract on 31/12/2013 and it was for 24 months for £33 a month. I made the payments successfully and on time every month until 09/06/2015 - this was when I stopped paying the contract due to poor signal and other issues I had with Vodafone. That left about 6 months I owed on the contract. 6 × £33 = £198 which I am happy to pay off. Lowell however are demanding £1069.60. This is due to after the 24 month commitment period being up Vodafone kept rolling the contact on every month until 4th of November 2017, even though the phone or sim was no longer being used, I was no longer using the phone or SIM when I stopped the payments on 09/06/2015. Lowell sent me a letter of claim and I responded asking for proof and further information about the debt and they sent me invoices from Vodafone from 4th November 2015 saying my bill is £219.57 right up until 4th November 2017 which it is £939.60 and now a £60 court fee and £70 legal representative fee.
    I phoned up Vodafone to get the dates on when the contract was taken out but they did not have any records of the contract from 2013 all they had was an outstanding balance on an account from 2015. I have no idea why they don't have the records from when the account was actually started. Luckily I was able to find old emails from Vodafone from when I first started the contract on 31/12/2013 and monthly billing emails from Vodafone which I have screenshotted. It seems to me there has been a mix up and possibly Lowell think I had a contract from 2015 to 2017??? I'm not sure.

anyway I have acknowledged the claim and have said I will defend part of it and not all of it as there was 6 months left outstanding on the contract, not sure if this was the right thing to do. I now have to give a defence but don't know how to go about it as vodafone don't have records of the contract from 2013. I have asked for copies of bank statements from my old bank as further evidence of payments to Vodafone (the first billing date was 07/02/2014) which they said they will send to me in the post.

I feel kind of stuck and any advice is greatly appreciated. Sorry for poorly explaining the situation I am not good at this type of thing!
    Tags: None

I ****ing hate these *****!!!! Sending letters n shot to an old address of mine and now they have went and banged a ccj against me the ****ing low life *****. Having to now go through stepchange to help me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X