• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Solicitors 'Letter of claim' - Alleged Sky debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Solicitors 'Letter of claim' - Alleged Sky debt

Hello there,

I've had Lowell chasing me for a while now - long story but it's for an old disputed Sky debt (5 yrs since last acknowledged) for around £200 where they mixed up accounts and billed me for someone elses services - I gave up trying to resolve it with Sky in the end as I was hitting a brick wall with it and went off travelling.

It's now been passed on to Lowell solicitors and they've sent the 'Letter of claim' with 30 days to respond - interestingly it's dated a whole 11 days prior to my recieving it (today) cutting down my time to reply massively.

I've made the SAR with Sky which they've acknowledged but not sent across yet but it only gives me 2 days between the date they need to supply by and the date Lowell threaten to move forward....

Could anyone please advise me on what best to do atthis stage without having the SAR details?

Also, does anyone know if there's a way to get Sky to legally take back the debt from Lowell if it can be proven I didn't owe it or is it totally in the hands of Lowell now?

Many thanks

Best wishes

Henry
    Tags: None

Cabn anyone please help with this? Thanks :-)

Comment

Hi

Sounds like you've received a pre-action protocol response pack.

Is there a response form to complete & return, plus an income/expenditure sheet?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks for answering!
        Yes, exactly....
        I'm not sure whether to just send back the form ticked 'dispute' and ask them to prove the debt and supply all info or to write a full defence story with all the evidence I have at this stage....Thinking it best to hold my cards close to my chest for now.
        Any advice would be much appreciated.
        Much appreciated :-)
        Best wishes
        Last edited by harry23; 20th March 2019, 14:59:PM.

Comment

You can do that via the response form.

Tick box D (Defend all)

Tick box I (Request all evidence that they intend to rely on)

Keep a copy & get proof of posting.

No need to complete the I&E sheet.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

OK, thanks....So do you think I should disclose my actual evidence with the form at this stage or just simply dispute and wait to see what they've got? ...

I have a paper trail, call logs and bank statements to support my case but I just know how sly they can be and thinking if I lay out all my cards now they could potentially manipulate the info they (think they) have.

Comment

Originally posted by harry23 View Post
              OK, thanks....So do you think I should disclose my actual evidence with the form at this stage or just simply dispute and wait to see what they've got? ...

I have a paper trail, call logs and bank statements to support my case but I just know how sly they can be and thinking if I lay out all my cards now they could potentially manipulate the info they (think they) have.

No, you don't disclose (at this stage), they do.

You are asking for proof of their assertion.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

OK, thanks very much for your help :-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X