• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell -court action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poza1 View Post

no I didn't
    I will photo and send .I am a bit slow but I am on it

Comment

That's okay - There are things you can do but we need to know how you got to where you are at - which seems to be making offers to pay a judgment for a debt which is not yours - which is just not on.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

60866BF0-3C2B-42F1-BAC7-903021823386.jpeg

Received your documents thank you ...

You DID defend ( sept 18)

The judgment is a default judgment for not responding to the claim form. It is printed terribly - half the words have fallen off the left side - that's the original letter you received from the court ? Terrible if so.

Thus your defence must have been struck out for some reason.

Ok - so did you send the Directions Questionnaire to court and to claimant ?

Any other letters at all between the Allocation to Track letter and the Judgment letter ?

If not, please try call court today and ask how you got a default judgment when they acknowledged your defence back in sept last year. If it was struck on application from the other side or due to not filing allocation/direction questionnaire tell them you received nothing ( unless you did ) and let us know what they say.

Attached Files
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Damn good job I've got https://previews.123rf.com/images/ch...h-eye-ball.jpg
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            60866BF0-3C2B-42F1-BAC7-903021823386.jpeg

Received your documents thank you ...

You DID defend ( sept 18)

The judgment is a default judgment for not responding to the claim form. It is printed terribly - half the words have fallen off the left side - that's the original letter you received from the court ? Terrible if so.

Thus your defence must have been struck out for some reason.

Ok - so did you send the Directions Questionnaire to court and to claimant ?

Any other letters at all between the Allocation to Track letter and the Judgment letter ?

If not, please try call court today and ask how you got a default judgment when they acknowledged your defence back in sept last year. If it was struck on application from the other side or due to not filing allocation/direction questionnaire tell them you received nothing ( unless you did ) and let us know what they say.
            Hi well to say I am confused is a understatement ,thank you for your up date .heres mine I have rung court 3 times connection was terrible and kept getting cut of ,I think they are going to send me a dissasotiation form .all so they would not as it is not my name not tell me anything else .they are going to get the judgement removed and have I told the claimant it is not my name .or my debt .I wondered if to send court a email with all this info in as she said had I done by post or mail .I did it all by post .now I do not no if I am coming or going .

Comment

Hi well to say I am confused is a understatement ,thank you for your up date .heres mine I have rung court 3 times connection was terrible and kept getting cut of ,I think they are going to send me a dissasotiation form .all so they would not as it is not my name not tell me anything else .they are going to get the judgement removed and have I told the claimant it is not my name .or my debt .I wondered if to send court a email with all this info in as she said had I done by post or mail .I did it all by post .now I do not no if I am coming or going .
              Rang court again this morning they emailed me a disososiation form all that gave was a load of credit ref agency .also court would not give me any details of what to do because its not my name on the summons so at the moment not sure what to do as the money should be paid tomorrow .all court would say is tell the claimant its not your debt as its not your name or date of birth which is what I have been doing so I am still panicking like mad please help

Comment

Rang court they would not tell me anything about defence or anything as its not my name on summons

Comment

Hi Amethyst can you help with what I have to do next rang court they would not tell me anything as if its not my name on summons its not got any thing to do with me please

Comment

Just to confirm then - there is no judgment against you as you are not E-P S-S. The judgment is in default as it wasn't against you so you couldn't enter a defence ( if you see what I mean ).

Lowell have made a tracing error or the catalogue company have made a typo in the address.

The disassociation letter will be for the credit reference agencies so that the judgment registered against E-P S-S doesn't appear linked to your credit file and doesn't affect you.

You need to write to Lowell to say this is not you. Stop giving them your personal details and making offers to pay to them.

What was the last thing Lowell replied to you with ?

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Amethyst
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi Amethyst can you help with what I have to do next rang court they would not tell me anything as if its not my name on summons its not got any thing to do with me please
                        thank you so much for getting back to me ,the last contact from Lowell was a reminder to pay the monies on time last week 08/03/19

Comment

Okay, what was their last response to you telling them this Judgment is not in your name, DOB and has obviously been issued to the wrong address ? Was that just on the phone ? and that's when they said the goods had been delivered to your address originally ? Have you been in touch with the catalogue company that the debt arises from ? Might be worth doing that.

How similar is your name & DOB to the E-P S-S that this should be against ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

thank you so much for getting back to me ,the last contact from Lowell was a reminder to pay the monies on time last week 08/03/19
                            There reply was to send all the copies of letters they never sent but they say they have ,plus a contract that's not signed .
                            All my contact has been by post with Lowell ,they sent copies of items that had been delivard no signatures for them,in the top left corner there was the name E.P.S.S mine is PS, along with the dob which is twenty years out . also sent copies of letters they said they had sent but it was the first I had seen of them. I have not spoke to the catalogue.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X