• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Capital One Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Capital One Claim

Hi there

I received a court claim from Lowell Solicitors which was issued on 22.2.19. I have acknowledged the claim and written and printed off the letters outlined in the 'received a claim' thread. I am furious as I received no letter before claim or anything suggesting court before this arrived. Here are the details...

Received a claim? Yes:
    Issue Date:22.219
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: yes
    Total Amount Claimed : £500
    Claimant’s Name: Lowell Portfolio
    Solicitors Firm: Lowell Solicitors
    Original Creditor: Capital One
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : credit card
    Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
    1. The defendant opened a capital one consumer credit account under ref xxxxx on xx/07/2016 ('the agreement').
    2. In breech of the agreement, the defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the agreement was terminated.
    3. The agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on xx/03/2018 and written notice given to the defendant.
    4. Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £500 remains due and outstanding. And the claimant claims
    a) The said sum of £500
    b) interest pursuant to s69 county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to date of issue, accruing at daily rate of £0.108, but limited to one year, being £40
    c) costs
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): made payments in 2016 til made redundant .No contact after that with capital one or lowells.
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): About to send both CCA and CPR today.
    Any Other Information or Background Details:I have had one letter off Lowell full stop!

Thank you in advance for any help.
    Tags: None

Morning guys. I've had a reply from capital one (the sar request) asking me to post copies of my passport and driving licence. I've searched the forum and had a Google, I'm not sure what to do? Shall I send the documents? Should I reply at all if not? Nothing from lowell.
    Thank you for any help.

Comment

Morning, yes they are entitled to satisfy that the request has been made by the right person so I'd send copies of your ID documents ( registered post ). Reading rest of your post xxx

ok all looks under control - you have acknowledged the claim and, as well as the sar to cap one, sent a cca request to Lowell and cpr Request to the solicitors. So all good just need to put in your defence by 25th March approx.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Brilliant thank you. I shall post those back to them tomorrow. Thanks again Amethyst =)

Comment

Hi there. I have not had any documents back from the SAR, CCA or Cpr and I entered my defence the day before it was due. Today however II have received a directions questionnaire from Lowell and a letter saying they agree to mediation. Can anyone advise how to respond to this I light of their failure to adhere to the CCA and CPR etc? Thanks.

Comment

You needn't do anything right now - soon you should also receive a directions questionnaire from the court for you to complete. You can say yes to mediation on the form ( as well as asking for the case to be transferred to you local court ) .... if it comes to mediation and still no documents have been received you can simply say so and it will be cancelled.

Once the case has been transferred ( after the dqs are in) the court will look at the claim and defence and issue directions - this usually includes an order for the claimant to produce the relevant documents.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

just to add to the good info already provided by Amethyst

when you get your DQ certainly agree to mediation tick the box but then write in the available box please see separate letter

then what i would do is attach a letter and write to the court that you have no issues with mediation but that you are unable to mediate at the current time due to:

the claimant not following pre action protocol
              in breach of a CCA request
              in breach of CPR request
              no documentation provided to prove any of their claim

then finish: could you respectfully request that the court order the claimant to provide documentation in order for mediation to be possible
              1) copy of agreement and terms and conditions
              2) copy of the default notice served
              3) statement of account showing how the alleged sums have become due and owing
              4) assignment, including a copy of the deed of assignment to show proof that the claimant has full title as claimed as only then could the claimant have issued a claim in this case.

it may not work but costs nothing and worth a try and shows the court that the claimant has not followed protocol nor CCA regs.

i did it once and the judge ordered them to produce, they didnt and the claim got struck out!

Comment

Thank you guys!

So the DQ Lowell have sent me today aren't even legit?

Comment

It's legit but they do tend to send theirs a bit previous, that's all xx
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ok so these ones I can ignore? And wait for my own? I don't understand why they're sending them when they don't have the paperwork?

Comment

the court sends out the directions questionnaire to each party, each party must fill them in and send a copy to the court and also a copy to the other party

have you not received one yet ? from the court mean ?

Comment

My dq has arrived! Still not a word from lowell and no cca or cpr request adhered to. Cca not even been acknowledged. How do I proceed now? Fill out the questionnaire saying yes to mediation with the above suggested covering letter attached? Thank you

Comment

Hi there

I posted back the dq about a month ago now and today I've received an email offering mediation. How do I proceed from here? I've not had anything more from lowell including no cca or cpr etc. Thank you

Comment

accept mediation ( just you a mediator in the middle and the other person the other end of the phone) , the mediation service will ask if you have all documents etc you need to proceed with case, you if still not received state "NO" The mediation service will as usual state no mediation can take place due to claimant not issuing requested documents - and case sent back to court for the next step.

Lowells are creatures of habit and in most cases fail at this point, but proceedings can force their hand later down the line, to admit no paperwork or produce something

Comment

Thank you. I responded accepting mediation and then they asked me three questions. I said no to the second one (do you have enough info about the claim, I explained they had not sent me anything), so they said mediation can't happen so it's being sent to the court. Thank you so much for your help. I'll update as and when.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X