• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** Settled at Mediation ** Lowell v ColynB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 active lines ? Bloody hell no wonder the debt ramped up. Anything from Vodaphone on the SAR ?
    Are the bills all call charges or were they inclusive monthly contract charges ? then termination charges at the end? Are the 4 numbers under one account on the same bill ?
    To avoid the CCJ you'd need to either defend successfully, negotiate settlement now before court under a Tomlin order, or get judgment against you and pay in full within. 28 days to stop it going on the register and your credit file.

You don't sound like receiving the bills was a 'ahhhhh yes I remember' moment.... it sounds like its raised more questions - you'd remember opening 4 accounts surely ? unless your ex did it in your name without your knowledge ? Really need to push back on the Subject Access Request with Vodafone.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst Good Morning

i sent an email back to Vodafone with a copy of my Passport for identity purposes as they wouldn’t be able to send me at the time as there wasn’t enough proof it was me.

as of yet I haven’t received nothing else back from Vodafone.

my head is a shed trying to figure all this out.

i have attached a few pages of the Vodafone bills that Lowell Solictors had sent me other the weekend, like I said I can’t rememer ever having 4 lines of my account as to be honest my credit has never been the best hence why I’m trying to get this all sorted before I apply for a morgage. .

so these bills will surely show the court that I had an account with Vodafone even if I don’t hear anything from Vodafone myself.

Comment

Amethyst Also just checked MoneyClaim and noticed they have done something on the 18th what is this?

Comment

Originally posted by ColynB View Post
          Amethyst Also just checked MoneyClaim and noticed they have done something on the 18th what is this?
          That's the questionnaire being returned ( you sent yours back on the 20th I think ? https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...49#post1450349 )
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

filed their D Questionnaire

Comment

Well most of the £ amount seems to be cancellation prior to end date charge of £981... I can't make out dates but anything showing when that numbers account was opened and when it was cancelled etc ? contact amount on the price plan about £40 a month? The others seem to have credits to the price plan ( was everything cancelled for 17 November ? and only that first number was still in contract so there's only a termination fee on that one ? ) Did you cancel the accounts? .... goodness knows how customers translate these things....

Vodafone Company Rep are you still about and able to take a look at these bills with any suggestion what it shows ?

PArticularly this one.
              2019-02-25 11_36_44-Start.png
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks MIKE770 & Amethyst as of yet I still haven’t send my questionnaire Back yet as it said i have until the 7th but surely with them supplying me with phone bills means that I now that they have the required documents to prove I own the debt, and in my deference I told them I had no acknowledgement Of the debt.

Sorry if im babberling it’s just I wasn’t expected them to produce this documentation I feel like I’m losing the fight here.

Comment

Just fill in and send back your Directions Questionnaire with a Yes in the mediation box... it is fine to do that even if you decide to try negotiate settlement once we've figured out what the heckerslike is going on with these bills.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Perfect Amethyst I’ll get that sent of today .

Comment

Might be worth ringing Vodafone again regarding this account now you have the phone number and know that the debt is mainly this early cancellation charge and see if they can give you any info - eg date opened/cancelled etc. seems to be a 'Red 4G' contract, how the cancellation charge has been calculated and remind them you sent a SAR and you haven't received anything from them yet they seem to have been able to supply those copy bills to Lowell....
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Right will do that now.

Quick question under D1- what is the CPR and what do I put and also there is a “ would you like to settle your case” form attached do I tick Yes and then no to this?

Comment

D1 is the court location - you're defendant and an individual, so it is the one nearest to you - and that page looks to be completed fine. Mediation you can say yes and yes if you want now you have those bills, as you want to be able to mediate if Vodafone manage to justify that cancellation - in any case, you have documents showing that it is primarily a cancellation charge and you might want to mediate to have that removed from the sum claimed, as no justifification/evidence of it and work out what charges on those invoices are actually agreed.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

So just to clarify the information I’ve filled in is ready to be posted once I make a copy of it.

also currently on the phone to Vodafone and it’s becoming a little bit of a headache as with the mobile numbers a don account numbers Lowell have supplied are bringing nothing up with Vodafone.

Comment

Well they managed to send those copies to Lowell, so they must have a record of the account number or the phone numbers on their system somewhere.....

and yes your DQ will be fine - just remember send original to court and a copy to Lowell ( file and serve ) ..... and keep your own copy xxx
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Most of those bills are dated October 14, then theres the breakdown of Jan? or Jun? 15 ( is that when it defaulted? ) but the total outstanding there is under £1k so how did it get to £1831. ? There's just no explanation of the amount being claimed.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X