• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Debt recovery without penalty charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Debt recovery without penalty charge Notice

I have received a debt recovery letter from Parking Eye's agent stating that I owe Parking Eye money for a penalty charge that they have supposedly sent me over 5 months ago.

The debt recovery letter is the first that I heard of this matter but unsure what I can do. There isn't a way to contact Parking Eye by phone. I have emailed them since receiving the debt recovery letter via their appeal system but haven't had a response.

The Parking Charge Notice is in connection with my car being parked in a 20 minutes bay for longer.

I have spoken to the debt recovery company and they are pressurising me to pay.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
    Tags: None

Ignore the debt recovery companies, they can do nothing.

Parking Eye donj't do Penalty charges, at least not that I am aware of, they are alleging you have a Parking Charge.

Don't phone PE and don't identify the driver. I hope you haven't identified the driver.

So a letter to PE disputing the alleged debt.

Dear Sirs,

I have received debt collector letter alleging an outstanding amount for Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx. This is the fisrt communication I have received about this alleged debt.

You have therefore failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver a notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes further communications from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

See what comes back. If by post then first class and a free certificate of posting from a post office.

I hope you haven't moved house within the last 6 months or so and forgotten to inform the DVLA about it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X