• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Recieved a Claim from Lowell Portfolio LTD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recieved a Claim from Lowell Portfolio LTD

Hello Everyone!

I recieved a claim letter today from "County Court Business Centre" regarding a Littlewoods account that is now handled by Lowells.

Issue Date: Issue date of claim is 31/12/2018

Amount approx: £1350

Claimant: Lowell Portfolio Limited

Solicitor: Lowell Solicitors Limited

Original Creditor: Littlewoods

Particulars of Claim:

Littlewoods account opened on 03/11/2015, I lost my job following a long period of sickness (and eventual surgery) and could not keep up with the payments.
    Agreement was later assigned to Claimant on 24/03/2018 and written notice given to defendant.
    Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £1,109.47 remains outstanding.

They are claiming that sum, interest at 8% per annum and costs.

Is the debt Statute Barred? I dont think so

List any letters you have sent: Today (05/01/2019 at 14:28) i submitted my Acknowledgement of Service.

Any Other Info:
    I'm currently sick/not working, I can barely afford bills; this recent bout of sickness has been due to mental illness (depression) for which I have sought help in the form of therapy and turned down medication.

I'm not sure what to do next, i have submitted an AoS but unsure of what to do now?

Any and all help appreciated.

(just realised I've posted this in the wrong place, could you move it for me? thank you!)
    Last edited by xMarrk; 5th January 2019, 14:38:PM. Reason: Edit: Posted in wrong place!
    Tags: None

Check dates
    Acknowledge Claim
    CCA Request Send all Recorded delivery
    CPR 31.14 Request

Subject Access Request Letter to littlewoods

Comment

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the reply;

I have drafted up the letters for the "CCA Request", when I send a copy to their solicitors should I mark anything down on it so that they know it is a copy for informative purposes?

Cheers,

Mark

Comment

just mention that a request has been made on dare??

Comment

jaguar1954

Comment

Hi Mike;

Im not sure I fully understand what you mean;

Thanks again for the help

Comment

just alerting Jaguar asking them to pop in here to advise

Comment

Hi All,

I contacted the creditors solicitor as listed on the claim form and they have sent advice to the creditor to have it dealt with out of court, but they wouldn't put it in writing as "the final decision" is up to the creditor.

I'm dubious about it as they say the letter will arrive in 1-2 weeks; im not sure if they are just trying to run down the defense clock.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Just an update; the solicitor has agree'd to deal with it out of court.

Comment

Hi Mark, Have they agreed an installment plan or agreed to put the account / claim on hold due to you providing them with details of your health / financial circumstances ? Have they sent a letter to you confirming this ? Just checking as you haven't yet entered a defence so could be vulnerable to a default judgment being applied for.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X