• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell v Me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell v Me

Hi guy's I could do with a little advice please.
    Got a claim form today from the County Court Northampton for £672 plus fee's total £856
    I have Acknowledged the claim and will be asking for a copy of the credit agreement.
    My question is...Do they include my wifes earnings when deciding how much I should payper month (she has an iva).
    I am disabled so my income is very low. I suffer from depression,anxiety and panick attacks as well as M.E. and several other things.
    The reason for the claim is due to my mental health problems I tend to burry my head in the sand and hope it will go away.
    Anyway I owe the money and want to clear it but wonder how much they will want.
    We have a joint bank account and my money as well as my wifes earnings go into it.
    I get contributions based ESA (support group) £230 every two weeks and £90ish per month dla.
    Any advice would be very welcome. Thanks
    Tags: None

Amethyst

Comment

Please,any advice. I'm in a right panik here. Thanks

Comment

Afternoon xxx

Youve acknowledged the claim and are sending CPR and CCA requests so you're doing good so far.

Can you tell us a bit about what the claim is actually for ?
        Is the debt just in your name ? If so yes it will be based on just your income if it comes to you making any offer to pay.

Who was the original creditor ?
        When did it default ?

If you can post the particulars of claim from the claim form form that will assist too pls.

Try not to worry - nothing awful is going to happen xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for your reply Amethyst.
          The original debt was £500 owed on a Vanquis credit card in my name only. I honestly cant remember when I defaulted,must have been 2-4 years ago.
          Lowells purchased my debt on the 29/09/2017.
          In an ideal world I would like to pay the original debt back monthly but I doubt my mental health problems would be a good enough reason to dispute the interest or fee's.
          Whatever the outcome I want this to go away asap.I would be willing to pay £15-£20 per month if that was exceptable. Do you think they would be willing to take such a small amount ?.
          Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Anything ?

Comment

Amethyst

Comment

There is a discussion here https://debtcamel.co.uk/ccj-monthly-payment-form/ about completing the Income & Expenses form that will determine how much the court sets as a payment to the CCJ - if you lose your case and get one.

Your wife has an IVA - do you have a house with a mortgage? You have a joint account with her so your credit record is already wrecked because of her IVA - a CCJ will not make it much worse.

ESA contributions based - do you know how long that will last for?

Comment

Thanks for the reply and the link. We rent and my contributions based benifits should continue untill I retire if I'm lucky. I realy dont care about my credit score as I dont intend to ever get a credit card or loan ever again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X