• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED ** Lowell Portfolio for Everything Everywhere by BW Legal!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, again - really appreciate your help! I have done the online form

Comment

Cool, it'll take them 30 days to respond but should give you a clear picture of the account and details you can use to compare against what Lowells provide document wise.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

OK, getting scared now.

The allocation to small claims form arrived today. I have received nothing in response to my requests for information.

Do you have any advise on how to fill this in? Its asking if I would prefer mediation etc.

I thought they would have dropped this by now, they clearly don't have any signed contracts so I am amazed they are bothering taking it to court.

Comment

This is the Directions Questionnaire info https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...questionnaire/

It's just standard process after filing your defence ( took them a while to get around to it, but it is normal ). Say Yes to Mediation in case any actual documents do turn up before then. Then the case will be sent over to your local court and will go from there.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Great, thanks - that is a very useful guide.

Have now posted a copy of the questionnaire to the court and to BW Legal

Comment

Just had an email from Small Claims Telephone Mediation service. Requesting an appointment.

I haven't had any documents through from Lowell at all relating to what they plan to use during trial. No answer to my online or postal SAR.

What is the best course of action at this stage?

Comment

Does the email ask you if you have the documents/evidence to enable you to mediate?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Right, I have been ultra busy but must try and get this sorted.

Yes, at the bottom of the email it asked if I had enough info to defend the case, to which if I said no - then mediation would not be possible.

Since EE have now denied my SAR saying that I provided insufficient information (despite the fact I gave them all my previous addresses) which I suppose means they have no actual data on me as I have never used their services, and also since BW Legal never responded to my CPR 31.14 - I literally have no information whatsoever to enable me to defend, or admit, the debt with confidence.

I emailed back to the Scmreferalls stating these facts (after trying to telephone them several times and always getting an 'all operators busy' notice).

So I guess this will be put back on the small claims court track. Is there anything else I can do?

Comment

Just had a response to my email from the Mediation service.

Basically they are saying that "if you do not have enough information to proceed mediation cannot be arranged... - the case will go to court.. In the interim you can try and contact the other party directly to request the information you require"

So, I suppose its a waiting game now...

Comment

Update - have received notice the case has been assigned back to court.

Still no documents from Lowell or BW Legal in response to my request for sight of the what they plan to show in court.......

Is there anything I could or should be doing at this stage?

Comment

Update - received a letter from BW Legal (sent to my previous address - the idiots) stating that they have acknowledged I have submitted a defence, they feel my defence is unlikely to succeed, however, they are willing to offer a reduced fee if I pay their claim now. They have knocked about £200 off.

Still waiting for the copies of the documents they plan to use in court..

Comment

A good sign I reckon.... did you get anything back from EE on the SAR ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks.

Regarding the SAR - well, when they sent their response saying that I had provided insufficient information - I took no further action - I had given them my previous addresses, dob, full contact info. I dont know what more there is to give.

I will do something about pushing the issue with them when I have a bit of spare time next.. I really doubt that EE have anything in their files about me at all.

Comment

Lazy gits .... if they can't find info for you under GDPR/DPA request then seems unlikely they'll be able to provide much to the claimant.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Two updates - firstly a letter arrived from the local court issued by the judge - informing both parties that the claimant had until 26th March to pay the trial fee or the case would be struck out...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X