• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell v Redmen05

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi thank you for the help.
    Ive now received an email from mediation but it has 3 boxes to tick one being have you received all information regarding claim or words to that effect. I haven’t received anything from Lovells regarding claim particulars. What shall I do????

Comment

They confirmed they had requested a copy of the agreement back in October as I recall, they've still not provided it ? Anything else at all from them since returning your directions questionnaire ?

You have received the agreement through your SAR to Tesco, which means it is likely they'd also have provided it to Lowell, so you probably ARE in a position where you could mediate to negotiate a settlement IF you wanted to.... however Lowell are still in default of the CCA request AT THE MOMENT ( they could still comply before the case gets to a hearing )... so now is a good time to negotiate an out of court settlement at a discount to avoid the CCJ later - either by affordable installments, or if you are able, a full and final settlement ( which is likely to get a higher discount ).
      If you agree settlement at mediation it would be under a mediation agreement and no CCJ would be applied.

Otherwise it's a case of saying No to the mediation and continuing on towards the court hearing and hoping that they don't comply by the time it comes to exchanging witness statements.

In my view, as the account wasn't opened until 2012, and Tesco have sent you a copy of the agreement in the SAR pack, it is likely that they will comply, so taking advantage of their currently being in default of the CCA request might be a wise move.

It's a case of weighing up whether you are happy to risk them coming up with the documents and obtaining a CCJ at court for the full amount vs the possibility of agreeing a lower settlement amount now and not continuing the defence of the claim.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you. Shall I pursue mediation or call Lowell’s?

Comment

You could call Lowell, and say that you've had contact from the court about Mediation, however you haven't yet received any documents from Lowell in response to your CCA request or CPR request ( default notice/notice of assignment ) or any breakdown of the amount owed so are unable to respond positively to the court so seems unlikely mediation would go ahead..... However..... you'd be happy to have a without prejudice conversation regarding bringing this to an end without the need to continue with your defence through court if they would be willing to accept XXX in settlement / XXX as installments over X months as settlement, on the condition that they discontinue / stay the claim. And see how you get on.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you I’ll give it a go

Comment

Hi I’m very confused. After not hearing about the claim in nearly 10 months I’ve received a court date for November. It looks like the claim was struck out back in February because Lowell’s did not provide the paperwork to the court or to me. But now they are saying the never received the court letter in February & have applied to reopen the claim. Looks like they don’t want a hearing. I don’t know what to do.
              Please help.

Attached Files

Comment

Firstly you need to look at the exhibits and determine what has been sent to you, if they don't satisfy the original order then you could argue there is no good reason why the claim should be reinstated as it would have no real prospect of success.

Most importantly they say they have evidenced Notice of Assignment, is that just Lowell's NoA or have they provided NoA from the original creditor?

Is the agreement complete and legible? Does it refer to any other terms such as PPI that they have not provided?

If you are going to oppose the application you will need to inform the court of your intention and confirm the deadline for your Witness Statement in response to it?
                COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Hi Jaguarsuk
                  thank you for your reply. All I got was 1 page from court telling me hearing date & time & 3 pages of witnesses statement from Lowells again from the court. Doesn’t say anything about my witness statement or who to contact in court?
                  shall I telephone the court?

Comment

Originally posted by Redmen05 View Post
                    Hi Jaguarsuk
                    thank you for your reply. All I got was 1 page from court telling me hearing date & time & 3 pages of witnesses statement from Lowells again from the court. Doesn’t say anything about my witness statement or who to contact in court?
                    shall I telephone the court?
                    Yes phone them.

They refer to Exhibit NZ2, what have they send as that exhibit?

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Hi I had a court hearing today. The judge said he wasn’t happy with Lowell’s behaviour but he also said if he struck out this claim Lowells can start another claim because the default notice was sent in 2015 so it’s not sb. He award me costs £220 to be paid within 14 days & also I can change my defence as I’ve had the information I requested from Lowells. what shall I do now?????

Comment

Originally posted by Redmen05 View Post
                        Hi I had a court hearing today. The judge said he wasn’t happy with Lowell’s behaviour but he also said if he struck out this claim Lowells can start another claim because the default notice was sent in 2015 so it’s not sb. He award me costs £220 to be paid within 14 days & also I can change my defence as I’ve had the information I requested from Lowells. what shall I do now?????
                        You need to amend your defence, then file and serve it by the deadline the judge gave in court. It'll then proceed as a normal claim from there.

£220 costs is not a bad award at all. If they don't pay, I'd hold off chasing them for them until you have won the claim though as if they win you can ask for this to be offset against the future judgement. And then if you win you can send them a letter with 14 days to pay or you'll enforce at that stage.

Comment

Hi thank you for your reply. The judge asked Lowell’s to pay within 14 days otherwise the claim cannot proceed & will be dismissed. if they pay, how do I amend my defence? It looks like they have provided all paperwork & I haven’t got a defence.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X