• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell claim - defended & now what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell claim - defended & now what?

Hi,
    Received a claim for £500 from Lowell / 3g - defended the claim & sent 31.14, 4 weeks ago which they havent replied to..

Lowell now want to go to mediation. I make no acknowledgement of the debt. What do I do?

Cheers
    Tags: None

Check dates
    Acknowledge Claim
    CCA Request
    sp what is it all about?? mediation you should agree a acourt expects you to as to save court time, if Lowells do not produce your CPR31.14 request then mediation wil ask you have all necessary to mediate you state no = then mediation will say no mediation possible and send back to court for the next stage,

you state no knowledge? what do the say in original court form (blue)

would it a shop direct claim or what?

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      Check dates
      Acknowledge Claim
      CCA Request
      sp what is it all about?? mediation you should agree a acourt expects you to as to save court time, if Lowells do not produce your CPR31.14 request then mediation wil ask you have all necessary to mediate you state no = then mediation will say no mediation possible and send back to court for the next stage,

you state no knowledge? what do the say in original court form (blue)

would it a shop direct claim or what?
      They say its 3G, I entered into an agreement, despite repeated requests for payment remains due & outstanding.

Presume they need to show me the agreement & other stuff.

I'll sign YES to mediation and say NO to information. Take it from there.

Cheers

Comment

Mediation done. Lasted about 5 minutes. I said I'd sent a CPR 31.14 request twice & no reply.
        They wanted to sort an agreement but I said no thanks, let's see the documentation.

Now waiting for docs.

Comment

the courts will contact next move

Comment

Originally posted by verity540 View Post
            Mediation done. Lasted about 5 minutes. I said I'd sent a CPR 31.14 request twice & no reply.
            They wanted to sort an agreement but I said no thanks, let's see the documentation.

Now waiting for docs.
            #
            instruction from the court next

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
              #
              instruction from the court next
              With a court date or dismissal? I'm happy to go to small court if the claimant can't provide evidence.

Comment

court date end of Jan. the claimant must pay hearing fee by 21st december.
                The claimant still hasnt provided any evidence despite saying they will during mediation & ignoring 2 previous requests.

I am planning on writing to the court & not turning up on day as I believe legally I should have been given an answer to CPR 31.14 request. I cannot defend this claim as I have no particulars of claim.

can anyone offer advice?

Do I have to turn up & will it effect my defence if I don't?

I don't know how to defend as they haven't provided any evidence (31.14), should I contact the court / claimant?

Maybe the claimant is bluffing & won't pay the fee,when do I put the letter in, before the claimant court payment date or after?

How long do I legally need to get this evidence for review? surely on the day of hearing is not sufficient time?

THANKS!!!
                Last edited by verity540; 3rd December 2018, 13:27:PM.

Comment

The letter that gives you the court date will also give directions to both parties with regards filing and serving witness statements and documents/exhibits.

It also gives the claimant the date by which to pay the hearing fee by.

They may discontinue before either of those dates if they still do not have the evidence to prove the debt.

However you do still need to do your Witness Statement by the given date ( normally 14 days before the hearing ) unless they discontinue before that date,

If Witness Statements are exchanged then of course you will need to look at the case again and what evidence they have ( or haven't provided ) and make a further decision.

If you don't wish to attend the hearing you are obliged to inform the court at least 7 days before the hearing and request they hear your side on papers ( ie off your defence and witness statement - and you could submit a skeleton argument/further witness statement if needed ).

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Have you sent a SAR to the original creditor btw ? ( 3G ? or Three ? ) - if there are concerns that this might be ID fraud ( ie not your account ) then that might bring up some useful information.

Subject Access Request Letter
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      The letter that gives you the court date will also give directions to both parties with regards filing and serving witness statements and documents/exhibits.

It also gives the claimant the date by which to pay the hearing fee by.

They may discontinue before either of those dates if they still do not have the evidence to prove the debt.

However you do still need to do your Witness Statement by the given date ( normally 14 days before the hearing ) unless they discontinue before that date,

If Witness Statements are exchanged then of course you will need to look at the case again and what evidence they have ( or haven't provided ) and make a further decision.

If you don't wish to attend the hearing you are obliged to inform the court at least 7 days before the hearing and request they hear your side on papers ( ie off your defence and witness statement - and you could submit a skeleton argument/further witness statement if needed ).
                      Whats a witness statement please?

I guess I wait to see what happens & deal with this should they pay hearing fee.

Comment

Have you sent a SAR to the original creditor btw ? ( 3G ? or Three ? ) - if there are concerns that this might be ID fraud ( ie not your account ) then that might bring up some useful information.

Subject Access Request Letter
                        Nope. Don't care about that. Burden of proof on them.

Comment

Originally posted by verity540 View Post

Whats a witness statement please?

I guess I wait to see what happens & deal with this should they pay hearing fee.
                          If you read the hearing letter it should give you details of what and when to file and serve it.

Some examples https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ness-statement
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

If you read the hearing letter it should give you details of what and when to file and serve it.

Some examples https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ness-statement
                            Thanks, I'll follow the guidelines & see what happens.

Comment

Claimant did not pay court fee today. WIN.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X