• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell solicitors letter before legal action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell solicitors letter before legal action

I received a letter from lowell solicitors yesterday regarding a shop direct debt with littlewoods for £641.

Years ago I sent littlewoods the £1 for all info etc and it took ages they sent me a load of paperwork but I can't remember it having my signature on it and can't find paperwork, anyway they passed debt on to lowell and I continued to pay the debt off at £20 a month but never to lowell always to littlewoods.
    My husband was rushed to hospital last year and diagnosed with cancer, it was a awful several months and some months I remembered to pay littlewoods, some months I didn't.
    So now lowell solicitors have sent me a pior to legal action letter.
    I was made redundant just before my husband became ill, so went from 2 full time wages to now being on a sickness benefit etc, so in no position to pay it off in one instalment.
    I have 30 days to contact them. Do I just offer a minimum amount I can pay each month and hope they accept it, I've never actually spoken to lowells they've just sent me letters telling me I have a debt but I've carried on paying littlewoods, each letter the amount comes down so they are taking the amounts I'm paying off.

Tags: None

Celestine

Comment

OK - Firstly please contact Lowell by telephone and ask to speak with the Vulnerable Persons team. Explain to them your personal circumstances and they must then take account of this in all dealings with you.
      Send a new CCA request to Lowell (as they are now debt owner) - lets see what documents get produced this time round. In the meantime maintain any payments, time barring under Limitation Act is not relevant due to payments made. X
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Had reply from lowell they have suspended things for 30 days but want medical notes, letter from dr/hospital etc to confirm the cancer, a income/outgoing form sent back.
        They also received the cca and said they are passing to their clients for the info? And they aren't bound by the so many days to reply??

Not sure what to do next,

​​​​​

Comment

Lowell sent letter today to say that shop direct have been unable to supply all the documentation required to fulfill my request under sections 77/78 of the cca so will be not be pursuing the outstanding balance. The account has been closed.

Does this mean that the debt is now back with shop direct. Do I continue to pay the £10 a month I was paying or whatever I can afford each month?

Comment

Closed

Comment

No, they cannot enforce the debt against you. If they find the agreement then you will have to continue to pay

Just hope it takes more than 6 years to find it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X