• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Does this Credit Agreement look correct ? Anybody please xx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this Credit Agreement look correct ? Anybody please xx

Hi Everybody,
    Please could anybody tell me whether a CCA would like like this attached ? This has come back from my CCA reuqest in letter before action.
    i can’t understand why it is one page only and my signature is after term 9 but earlier in the terms it talks of term 17, Term 18 etc.
    are they able to cut and paste just the parts they need into one document for court ? Or is this not classed as the full CCA for court ? Many thanks for all your help x
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Hi MGJ1
    Is that all they sent?
    If so, they haven't complied fully with your CCA request.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

AS charitynjw they are required to send a true copy which includes all terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in the agreement.
      A quick scan shows the heading starts "These are some of the terms & conditions......" and under the signature box it refers to ".....the enclosed
      Lloyds TSB bank credit card conditions......"

You seem not to have a TRUE copy

Comment

Thankyou so much. I didn’t think so. They only sent that and a multi page document of transactions which they have typed.
        I wasn’t sure if they only had to send certain terms and your signature, and so had cut and pasted that.

I now have this in a letter before claim, despite them telling me in a January it was unenforceable so either they have sent a further letter between Jan and now that I haven’t received or they are just going with this that took 18 months to arrive after the CCA req.

shall I tick the box which says requires further documents ? And shall I tell them the terms are missing or send above and another CCA to them in the same letter

thanks so much for all your help guys x

Comment

Originally posted by Mgj1 View Post
          Thankyou so much. I didn’t think so. They only sent that and a multi page document of transactions which they have typed.
          I wasn’t sure if they only had to send certain terms and your signature, and so had cut and pasted that.

I now have this in a letter before claim, despite them telling me in a January it was unenforceable so either they have sent a further letter between Jan and now that I haven’t received or they are just going with this that took 18 months to arrive after the CCA req.

shall I tick the box which says requires further documents ? And shall I tell them the terms are missing or send above and another CCA to them in the same letter

thanks so much for all your help guys x
          If it were me I'd just ask for all the documents that they are going to rely on in court.
          I wouldn't give them a heads-up on what is missing.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thankyou for your advice so I’d just fill in the forms they have sent
            ticking the requires further documents box and put a general comment “ that I am requesting all the documents that they will rely on in court “ ?

Thankyou so much for all your advice

​​​​​​​@CHARITYNJW @amethyst
            Diana M

Comment

If it were me:-
              Tick box D (Dispute debt)
              Tick box I & ask for full disclosure of all their evidence that they intend to use.
              Also remind them that there is an ongoing duty to disclose any further evidence that might come to light.
              Do not complete/return the I&E form.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

charitynjw Thankyou so much I will do that

Comment

charitynjw Thankyou for your help in above post I did as you said and asked for them to send all they would rely on and to disclose any further evidence. Whilst that was in process I Sar req Lloyd’s Tsb for the Card they sent me only the page as above with “ some of the terms and conditions “ and I couldn’t see anything else in the pack they sent me relating to any of the other terms.
                  PRA have now wrote to me to say that “ at this moment in time Lloyd’s are unable to provide me with variations of the terms and conditions and as such we have classified your account as redeemably unenforceable.”

not sure if this means they can still pursue it they’d have put they are giving me 30 days to consider my next steps. As the account will open and contact resume.

Comment

As I have only received part of the Terms and Conditions ( 1 page inc signature) most are missing.
                    i have DSar lloyd Tsb they have only provided me with that page nothing more. Also in the DSAR Log Lloyd’s show PRA have contacted them on 24 April asking/ checking whether these are the only terms available - Lloyds have replied Yes.

so Lloyd’s don’t have all the terms of the agreement/ card does this mean PRA can re constitute these from general data of that time please ?? Thankyou for your help

Comment

charitynjw Amethyst Please could you help
                      me with this question ? Thankyou so much x

Comment

Hi

"Redeemably unenforceable"? Lol!
                        Until/unless they can comply with your CCA request...& that means fully comply....they cannot enforce.
                        Fingers crossed that Lloyds can't find the missing bits!

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

LLOyds in their log that I have from my SAR request show PRA asking a few weeks ago “ is this all you have regarding terms and conditions “ and Lloyd’s have answered “ Yes”.

does this mean they can reconstitute them from somebody else’s document around the same time and that would be fine ?
                          charitynjw Thanks for your help and advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X