• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• louise_finch_uk
    started a topic Restons Solicitors

Restons Solicitors

Dear All

It has been a few years since I have been on here but I received a letter before action letter from Restons solicitors in regards to a Next account that I had dating back from around 2011. I have looked around on here in regards to other peoples way of dealing with the problem so just want advice that what I need to do is correct. The persons who own the debt are Debt Managers (Services) Ltd who I three lettered on 16th February, 2nd of March and 16th March. I also sent a Notice of Cease & Desist and a Section 10. I received no response until the letter which I have just received which is dated 30th April.

So if I am correct, I now have to send a CCA request S78 to Debt Managers(Services) Ltd + £1 with a copy to Restons ? Could someone help with a link to the relevant CCA needed please ??
    I also have to fill the form that was sent to me from Restons ticking C and I and return to them. Or do I send that back to Debt Managers ?

Many thanks

Louise
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

• redroy
    replied
    Hi Louise, so sorry to hear of your problems. We are also disputing a tiny claim (£54) and DML have gone as far as a Restons solictors letter (as yours) and the keep asking about an address. We don't give any information to them as we have sent a CCA request and all they did was send the PO back and keep asking about this address. They never seem to give up no matter what you do, even though we don't owe the debt having never had an account with Next Directory.

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied
    I'm not sure we'd want to amend it to inform creditors up front of previous addresses. Many CCA requests go in after a court claim or a LBC have been issued, and therefore one would hope they have already satisfied themselves as to the identity of the alleged debtor. And, in essence, we don't entirely want them to comply with the request quickly, delay is good as it gives more opportunity for the alleged debtor to find out more information / make arrangements to sort a settlement if it comes to it etc. It isn't an issue to respond to further enquiry about identity in my view.

Leave a comment:

• Debt Camel
    replied
    Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Okay, to enable them to comply with the CCA request they are correct to ensure you are the right person before disclosing the information under data protection.
    May be a good idea to modify the standard template so other debt collectors can't use this as an excuse for delay?

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied
    Okay, to enable them to comply with the CCA request they are correct to ensure you are the right person before disclosing the information under data protection. So you can respond to the letter confirming the detail they have requested.

I'd get a subject access request sent off to NEXT asap asking for full transaction lists, as well as agreement, assignment, default and any screen notes, to try and find out how the balance rose so markedly from what you recall it was and investigate any other defence you may have, as it is likely the agreement will be compliant, and their requesting confirmation of the address would seem to indicate they do have it.

Leave a comment:

• Debt Camel
    replied
    and was that address where you took out the credit?

Leave a comment:

• louise_finch_uk
    replied
    Yes. I was living there under my married name. Many thanks, Louise

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied
    I've moderated while I redact the letter, but does the partial address they have mentioned mean anything to you from Jan 2011 ?( it appears that is where the account was opened from ).

Leave a comment:

• louise_finch_uk
    replied

Dear Amethyst and Co. I sent off the CCA request on the 22nd of May and they received it the next day on the 23rd of May. Unfortunately, the sent back the Postal Order in regards to the CCA request with the following letter that I am attaching. What next ?? They are giving me till the 7th of June to respond.

Many thanks

Louise

Click image for larger version

Name:	lou.png
Views:	1
Size:	438.3 KB
ID:	1406692

Leave a comment:

• Debt Camel
    replied
    More details about a DRO here: https://debtcamel.co.uk/debt-options/dro/

Leave a comment:

• warwick65
    replied
    As the total debt is 10K - IF insolvency is the right option for you - and I am not saying it is, there is a sort of bankruptcy light called a debt relief order and costs much less
    Debt Camel

Leave a comment:

• louise_finch_uk
    replied
    Many thanks for that. I owe about 10000 in all to various companies. I stopped paying all of them when I tried to go BR in 2013. I know it's a big step but knowing CCJs against that amount would be impossible to pay and I only earn 8000 a year minus rent, council tax and utility companies leaves me with zero. So they can't take anything from me. I don't have a car or anything worth any value which is a good thing I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• warwick65
    replied
    By the way, you have left names , amounts and reference numbers showing on the attachments

Leave a comment:

• warwick65
    replied
    Bankruptcy seems like such a huge step , how much are your total debts?

I am guessing the defaults will start to fall off your file in 1 year or so but BR will ruin it for another 6 years

Before thinking about BR make sure you get some solid financial advice- while some CABs are good, others are less experienced , in part because they are so badly underfunded and rely on well meaning volunteers with the best of intentions but of course we know her good intentions lead to...

Leave a comment:

• louise_finch_uk
    replied
    Many thanks. Putting my mind at ease. Well a little x

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X