• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** STRUCK OUT** Robinson way/Hoist Portfolio court action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robinson way/Hoist Portfolio court action

8. It is denied that Tesco Personal Finance PLC (EX Tesco Finance) served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant.
    Id perhaps also add, the Claimant is required to prove that the any Default notice relied upon complied with the requirements of s88(4A) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and that the notice was in the prescribed form as required by The Consumer Credit Enforcement Default and Termination Notice Regulations 1983

Just as a second paragraph, to cover all bases
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thanks pt. small amendment then, phew, then I will file.

Again, thanks to you all, much appreciated

Steve

Comment

Hi all, just filed a defence. In the end I had to send by e-mail to the court after having not been able to upload the word documents (after getting advice from the court clerk-apparently the online page for filing the defence does not like copy and paste and has a wobbly fit then saying error. It also does not allow more than 122 lines of text including spaces-the other advice was to type it in manually). The clerk also said to not carry on with the online defence part if e-mailing the defence.
        For the record to anyone who has to file a defence via e-mail it is; ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk and one has to put in claim response and the claim number in the e-mail subject box.

Again, thanks to you all, will let you know how it goes.
        :stars:
        Steve

Comment

recieved a fast track allocation

Hi all, thanks for all the help to date.

Further to my previous questions and posts, I have received a letter from the court allocating it to fast track.

Do I need to fill this in citing the reasons stated in my defence and the fact that Hoist portfolio still have not responded with any evidence etc..

Regards

Steve

Comment

re-Hoist Court claim-saying it is still pending

Hi All, I was last on over a year ago saying that the claim against me by Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd had been thrown out and I believed closed (they had not responded to my defence in the time allowed).

5 days ago I received a letter from their solicitors Howard Cohen saying they were sending me an update on this pending claim.

The letter says that the interest claimed was not appropriate and has been reduced.

Does this mean that they can re-start the claim? I'm a bit confused. Is this another scare tactic.

please give me some idea of where to go now?

Thanks Steve

Comment

Re: re-Hoist Court claim-saying it is still pending

Was the claim ever discontinued or struck out, or simply stayed because Hoist hadn't responded to your defence in time? If stayed they can apply to the court to pick up the claim again - have they ever provided you with documents following your CPR and CCA requests?

Be interesting to see what their original interest calculation was and what they have changed if you could post it.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just having a mooch through your previous posts

What happened with the fast track allocation? You don't normally get an allocation/directions questionnaire ( N181?) unless the claim is proceeding.

Is the rest of the case this thread? http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...837#post662837
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I would have to look for the letters but my memory thinks it was thrown out. I did receive a letter from the dept recovery people saying they wouldn't be proceeding.

the amount due they originally said was £9173.00 and that this has been reduced to £8663.00 (8663.00 +410+100 fixed cost and fees).
                  I will try to post later

thanks Steve

Comment

Thanks. I'm wondering if it was a miscalclulation on the statutory interest @ 8% when they filed in court, or if there was an issue with the original debt ( Tesco credit card) and their application of interest.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Amethyst, yes that was the original thread. And they never did send me any documents following the CPR and CCA request.

- - - Updated - - -

the letter says it was not appropriate for statutory interest to be claimed and added to the account

Comment

Re: recieved a fast track allocation

Merged threads and moved to court claim forum just for ease of checking the background.

Once you have the letters, if you can find them, we'll have a better idea - if you can't find them it may be worth giving the court a call to check the status of this claim.

Still be good to see their most recent letter re the interest issue.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Amethyst how do I attach a pdf

Comment

Go advanced ( under Quick Reply ) then use the paperclip - if the file is too big it will fail though - if it's easier you can email it me sharon@celame.co.uk
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

hopefully its attached
                              Attached Files

Comment

Yip.

Soooo originally the claim ( total ) was over £12k ?( going off earlier posts) - the actual debt was £8663 and the rest was the statutory interest ( now removed) - it was then allocated to fast track - so in essence removing that £4k interest brings it into small claims track? Normally they can claim 1 year - or since the debt was assigned to them, £4k stat interest sounds like they added it since the debt initially defaulted?
                                Have you got the original POC ?
                                I'd also give the court a call to check the status of the claim - if it was struck out / stayed for not returning directions questionnaire? or if they discontinued.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X