• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Amberhun vs Arrow Global - CCJ Set Aside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Camel
    replied
    Re: can a company who buy a loan have a right to get a CCJ

can a debt company who have bought your debt. Legally ask for a CCJ.?

yes - they have the same rights to get a CCJ as the original creditor would have

Is there anything I can do about having the judgement set aside ?
    To have the judgment set aside you need a good reason why you didn't defend it (you never got the papers), a reason why it has taken so long (you have only just found out about it) and also a defence with a reasonable chance of success.

How old is this debt? Do you agree you owe the money? When did you last make a payment to it?

Leave a comment:

• Amberhun
    replied
    can a company who buy a loan have a right to get a CCJ

Good day everyone. Can some one help me please I am new here . I have had court papers from arrow global they registered a ccj against me back in 2014. Only just found out as they habe now asked for an earnings attachment order. So I habe asked the court to send me papers to have the judgement set aside. Apparently it is a bought debit from MBNA. However I moved house . But it is registered at the new address can a debt company who have bought your debt. Legally ask for a CCJ.? Is there anything I can do about habing the judgement set aside ? If I can what do I need to ask the court to do?

Leave a comment:

• Debt Camel
    replied
    Re: Urgent help help

what is the date of the CCJ?

do you know what the debt is for?

Leave a comment:

• Amberhun
    replied

Yes a vague threat of prison if I do not fill the form in. They forms are n55 and n56. At the bottom right hand side it says produced by R. Thompson Hayes.

Leave a comment:

• Debt Camel
    replied

You need to check up on this CCJ - and any others you may have missed? You can do it here http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself, you need to do a separate search for each address a creditor may have used. Or you could look at your credit record which would be free, but you will need to check that it has all your previous addresses linked, as otherwise a CCJ may not show up.

The papers you have got - is this an N56 form asking for details of your employment and expenses, possibly accompanied by a letter with a vague threat of prison? Or are you being summoned to a court hearing because you failed to complete an N56 form?

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X