• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court costs reclaim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court costs reclaim

Good evening I will try keep this as brief as possible!

I was pulled over in Cheshire whilst on route to visit my girlfriend from Coventry to Blackpool. thought nothing of it assumed it was random.
    They did some checks and told me to my disbelief that I was disqualified from driving, something I knew nothing about.
    I was arrested, car seized and taken to nearest police station. I was interviewed where I said I knew nothing about it charged and then released, in the middle of Cheshire at 10pm miles from home.
    I managed to get onto the last train and eventually arrived in Blackpool, and as it was Friday night had to wait until Monday before I could find out anymore information as everywhere was closed for the weekend.
    Monday morning I contacted DVLA who told me I was given 6 points on my license (I already had 6) for speeding and failing to give information meaning disqualification. I contacted the court which issued the points for information and after several hours got to the bottom of it, a company I previously worked for received a speeding fine for a company van belonging to them and without informing me nominated me as the driver and filled out my details and sent it off (I was the driver when clocked speeding), but what they did was give an old address as I had left the company they didn't have an up to date address.
    So I did not receive the speeding ticket and as a result I was given the 6 points as they assumed I was ignoring it. Had they checked with DVLA they would've saw my correct address.
    I explained this to Cheshire police and they told me I can make a statutory declaration to have the points reversed but would still have to attend court.
    So I made my statutory declaration but was told as my local courts was busy they could not do it for 6 weeks... 2 weeks after my court case for Cheshire.
    I attended my court case travelling up to Manchester , I explained to the magistrates the situation and they allowed me to make my statutory declaration there and then and adjourned the case. So I was given my license back then. I emailed the CPS requesting the charges be dropped and they agreed so no further action was taken.

My reason for this post is can I claim costs back? £300 to have my car removed from impound. Nearly £150 on train fares to get home and to and from court. Money from loss of earnings as I was a courier driver I was unable to work for 3 weeks while it went on. The whole thing cost me a fortune through no fault of my own. Not mention the stress and massive inconvenience.
    Tags: None

Write a letter before action to your previous company, you could contact citizens advice for a help with draftÂ*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X