• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** discontinued - now stat barred ** Court Claim - cabot / citi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - cabot financial / citi - 30-3-2015

Originally posted by bmw2602 View Post
    Hi sent letter on the 21st june to cabot and mortimer reminding them about discontinuing the claim but not heard anything from cabot, recieived a letter from mortimer saying that they are waiting on instructions from cabot.... still waiting.. :typing:
    Left hand/right hand not knowing what the other is doing quite usual with Cabot claims.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
      It certainly sounds like good news. :whoo: :whoo:

Another one bites the dust! :high5:

Just make sure you do get confirmation from Mortimer Clarke that proceedings HAVE been discontinued. :ranger:
      Hi all, yayy finally got the letter from mortimer clarke stating.. notice of discontinuance
      we write in reference to the above and we have been instructed by our client to discontinue proceedings and as such please find enclosed a copy of the notice of discontinuance by way of service upon you.. file closed.. :whoo:
      yay thankyou all so much for all your help and advice i couldnt have done it without you all, hopefully this is the end of it :thumb:

Comment

Well done for holding your nerve

Comment

Hi all, yayy finally got the letter from mortimer clarke stating.. notice of discontinuance
          we write in reference to the above and we have been instructed by our client to discontinue proceedings and as such please find enclosed a copy of the notice of discontinuance by way of service upon you.. file closed.. :whoo:

yay thankyou all so much for all your help and advice i couldnt have done it without you all, hopefully this is the end of it :thumb:
          That's what we like to hear. :high5:

Comment

Hi all hope you are all well, wondered if you remember this case from Cabot sending me someone else’s credit card agreement, and they wrote to me saying that they were discontinuing the claim which i did get confirmation of that, well today just recieved a letter from them stating that they are passing my details on to a debt collection agency called Ruthbridge, if i don’t respond they going to take further action can they do that now just wondered what to write back to them as the case has been discontinued file closed, do i remind them that the case has been discontinued, any advice would be totally grateful, thank you will attach copies of the letters recieved.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by bmw2602; 11th March 2019, 16:20:PM. Reason: adding pics

Comment

Attached is the letters i received today, thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

Ruthbridge:- They operate a no-recovery, no-fee service for their clients. So if they don't get you to pay, they don't earn any money. This means they can be relentless in trying to get you to pay. they are known to chase long out standing alleged debts and hound people in the hope they pay so they get their commissions. they are DCA not debt purchasers makes you wonder why Crabots passed to them?

Comment

Yes just ignore Ruthbridge. They'll send a few more letters then bugger off again.

Comment

Yes ... although you could write and remind them the claim was discontinued AFTER it had been defended and that unless they intend applying to the court for permission to bring a new claim on the same cause of action, despite the debt now being statute barred and despite them not having provided any further documents regarding their claim you expect them to take it back from ruthbridge and cease contact / remove your data and possibly refer them to the relevant cpr https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...es/part38#38.7. and fca conc https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/CONC/7/15.html rules ....
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      Yes ... although you could write and remind them the claim was discontinued AFTER it had been defended and that unless they intend applying to the court for permission to bring a new claim on the same cause of action, despite the debt now being statute barred and despite them not having provided any further documents regarding their claim you expect them to take it back from ruthbridge and cease contact / remove your data and possibly refer them to the relevant cpr https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...es/part38#38.7. and fca conc https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/CONC/7/15.html rules ....
                      Hi thank you for your help again, yes i think i will send a reminder that the claim was discontinued by them and that the debt is statue barred, and they failed on my cca request as well, i will send one to both hopefully they will give up then.

Comment

Hi everyone, just an update from the reminder letter i sent to cabot and ruthbridge as suggested on the 12th march, attached is a pic of the letter i have received from ruthbridge but nothing from cabots as of yet, hopefully they have given up again and buggered off, thank you for all your help and very good advice will update if i hear from them again but hopefully not

Attached Files

Comment

Smashing xxx
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Smashing xxx

Hi just another update finally heard from cabot as well now it looks like they are finally giving up maybe hopefully i have attached 2 pics of the letters they sent, i noticed they have denied sending someone else's details to me even though i do have proof thank you again for all your help you all have been awesome
                            Attached Files

Comment

Okay - well this is the good bit....

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-04-08 15_32_13-Start.png
Views:	1
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1460447

so they have accepted the stat barred status ... and....

Name:	2019-04-08 15_33_24-Start.png
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1460448

~YEYYY~ ! ( until next time lol )

I don't think they understood what you meant about the third party data... but tbh it was what, 4 years ago? so I think I'd just leave it personally.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay - well this is the good bit....

Name:	2019-04-08 15_32_13-Start.png
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1460447

so they have accepted the stat barred status ... and....

Name:	2019-04-08 15_33_24-Start.png
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1460448

~YEYYY~ ! ( until next time lol )

I don't think they understood what you meant about the third party data... but tbh it was what, 4 years ago? so I think I'd just leave it personally.

Hi thank you for all your excellent advice, i will leave it now i wont reply as it was about 4 years ago so im just glad its now closed hopefully and never hear from them again keep up the good work you are all doing a fantastic job on here with all your help and advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X