• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** discontinued - now stat barred ** Court Claim - cabot / citi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** discontinued - now stat barred ** Court Claim - cabot / citi

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 30-3-2015
    Amount approx: 3000
    Claimant: cabot financial
    Solicitor: mortimer clarke
    Original Credit: citi

Particulars of Claim:
    credit card debt from 2009

Stat Barred? Yes

Have sent: Sent a CCA request

Other Info:
    last payment was approx feb 2009, cabot took over the debt and i requested a true copy of the cca request which they failed, then they sent me a copy of the terms and conditions and said that they have supplied the document that i requested and told me to pay or they going to take me to court.
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - cabot financial / citi - 30-3-2015

Any help would appreciate very much, not sure if statued barred yet i havent made a payment since feb 2010 and i havent acknowleged the debt to cabot either, i did send a cca request in nov 2013 and then on the 10th dec 2014 they sent me a copy of what is described as terms and conditions and said that they have provided the correct documents. i am still waiting on my cca request thats when they sent me the small claims claim form. help please can i enter a defence as they have defaulted on my cca request. thanks
    Last edited by bmw2602; 31st March 2015, 12:01:PM.

Comment

Hi Welcome to LB,

1. Do these " terms & Conditions " have your name and address as it was when the account was opened.
      2. There should be two sets of T's & C's the opening ones and those at closure are they there?
      3. Statute Barred in England and Wales = 6 clear years with no payment ( to any party) and no unequivocal
      written acknowledgment of the alleged debt. If your date of last payment is correct it is not statute barred.

Check the documents received carefully for your name and address at inception , the creditors name and address at inception.
      are there any others documents mentioned in the Ts & C's that have not been provided.

Have you acknowledged receipt of the claim and intention to defend?

nem

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply they sent me a copy of the original terms and conditions including the interest rates it says my name and address on it under credit card agreement and the account number at the top i have enclosed a pic, also sent me some copy of some statements, yeah sorry my last payment was feb 2010 not 09. they also sent me someone elses credit card agreement. not sure what i can do does this matter can i still defend ?
        Attached Files

Comment

i think the account was opened in 2001 and i never signed anything also the amount owed with citi was 2044.00 not 3042.00 that cabot claim. thanks

Comment

Emm A Breach of the Data Protection Act, does this contain the persons full details?

Two sets of Ts & Cs one when account opened and on closure?
            nem

nem

Comment

no only got one set which i enclosed a pic which has my first and last name and address on thats all they have only sent the final agreement from opus they have not sent me the original agreement from citi they also sent me a credit card agreement with someone elses name and address on pic enclosed yes it has there full details. hope this makes sense.
              Last edited by bmw2602; 31st March 2015, 16:21:PM.

Comment

Hi then their attempt at producing a recon fails, it must have the original T's and C's and the creditors name and address at the inception of the account.

Personally I would reject the agreement now as not complying.

Cabot Financial

Date:........

Ref: County Court Claim No.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sir/Madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dated.............: and the enclosed document that Cabot alleges is a " true copy " of an agreement relating to the alleged debt which is the subject of this claim.

Having now studied the document I have concluded that it does not comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended) a fact of which I am sure Cabot is aware.

Given that this document is crucial to Cabots claim I suggest that it now withdraws the claim immediately and closes its file on this matter.
                Cabot should also be aware that I have also received a copy of a 3rd parties credit agreement complete with personal details.
                I am making a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office regarding the breach of the Data Protection Act 1998.
                Once Cabot has acknowledged the breach in writing I will return the agreement after copying it to the ICO.

No need to elaborate more at this stage, just carry on preparing your defence and completing the court docs as they come through.

Looks like the volume of claims Cabot is now making is causing it to make silly mistakes.

nem
                Last edited by nemesis45; 1st April 2015, 11:11:AM.

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply I will get on to it straight away, I am just so confused by it all. Thanks for your help in this matter :thumb:

Comment

Happy to help.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                      Hi then their attempt at producing a recon fails, it must have the original T's and C's and the creditors name and address at the inception of the account.

Personally I would reject the agreement now as not complying.

Cabot Financial

Date:........

Ref: County Court Claim No.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sir/Madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dated.............: and the enclosed document that Cabot alleges is a " true copy " of an agreement relating to the alleged debt which is the subject of this claim.

Having now studied the document I have concluded that it does not comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended) a fact of which I am sure Cabot is aware.

Given that this document is crucial to Cabots claim I suggest that it now withdraws the claim immediately and closes its file on this matter.
                      Cabot should also be aware that I have also received a copy of a 3rd parties credit agreement complete with personal details.
                      I am making a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office regarding the breach of the Data Protection Act 1998.
                      Once Cabot has acknowledged the breach in writing I will return the agreement after copying it to the ICO.

No need to elaborate more at this stage, just carry on preparing your defence and completing the court docs as they come through.

Looks like the volume of claims Cabot is now making is causing it to make silly mistakes.

nem
                      Hi all, finally got a letter from them they said that they looking in to my complaint after above letter sent thanks to nemesis45 on April 2015 and said that they were placing the account on hold and the court claim on hold while investigating, recieved today from cabot the same documents mentioned in previous posts and a credit card agreement with someone else's name and address details on it, again why have they sent the exact same docs... they said that now they have complied with my request they are able to enforce the credit agreement.. i dont think they have complied or am i wrong. please any help would be appreciated, thankyou loads.

Comment

Same docs same answer no good!!

nem

Comment

Hi yes exact same docs as sent before and a credit card agreement with the same 3rd party's name on it not mine. . just wondered do i reply back with the same letter as i sent before. thanks for any help.

Comment

You may find this interesting http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...039#post552039
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi everyone, just a wee update from cabot letter recieved today copy's attached very interesting letter it looks like they are discontinuing proccedings.... does that mean they are giving up on the court claim i hope...
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X