• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pay & reclaim- Bailiffs!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay & reclaim- Bailiffs!

Hi All,

I was hoping to get some advice about my situation (It's been a very long and draining process)

1) On the 21st April 2021, I filed an OOT witness statement with the TEC regarding an unpaid PCN after an unexpected bailiff visit
    2) This was accepted on the 24th May 2021 thus a Revoking Order was granted
    3) I contacted the Council numerous times to discuss a refund as I had already paid the bailiffs £929 on the 5th May 2021 (my vehicle was towed on the 21st April 2021 and held in storage)
    4) The council advised to send an email as it was not possible to contact the recovery department directly
    5) I sent emails on the 15th and 28th June 2021 however this was ignored. I also emailed to complain about the actions of the bailiffs on the day of enforcement and again no reply
    6) I last spoke to a customer service agent on the 22nd June 2021 and they advised that the case was on hold pending further investigation

I filed a complaint with the local ombudsman on the 21st October 2021 and they agreed to investigate, however, my case has still not been allocated to an investigator.

I am thinking of taking my case to the small claims court. I would also like to bring action against the bailiff company as the agents acted inappropriately and the correct procedures were not followed.

The agents refused to provide a PCN number or show the warrant of control and said that I would need to pay the balance first
    They called a removal truck immediately after refusing to provide any details.
    They were extremely rude, intimidating and condescending.
    They placed a blank notice of immoblisation on my car and didn't bother informing me that the car had been clamped.
    They called the police and it was actually the officers who were able to get the PCN number from them. I then offered to pay as I had a PCN number, but they added the removal fee so the amount increased.
    I immediately complained to the manager and asked him to investigate. His reply was that the proper procedures were followed and there was no mention of a PCN number before the Police arrived (I have video evidence showing me asking for the PCN number numerous times before the police arrived).
    I also requested a copy of the body-cam footage as this would have disproved this and of course, they advised that they were unable to locate the footage.

If anyone could give me advice on how best to proceed, it would be much appreciated. I feel as though some of these rogue enforcement agents think they can do whatever they want and not be held accountable for their actions!

Many thanks in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X