• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim in Gibraltar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What date was the contract entered into?

Are you acting in the capacity as a consumer or business?

Are you willing to provide the terms and conditions or a link to them so we can see?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

The contract was entered into this year. I'm acting as a consumer. I've just DM'd you the link to the terms. Hoping to keep details of the claim private if that's okay.

Comment

Thanks, I got that.

Fortunately, consumers were protected post-brexit where cross border disputes are concerned. Essentially, a new section 15B was inserted into the Civil Jurisdiction and Judgments Act 1982 that re-stated the previous EU consumer rules on jurisdiction. I don't think the legislations.gov website has updated itself yet but here it is below. This amendment originated from the Civil Jurisdiction and Judgments (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019/479 (link here).

You also need to be familiar with CPR 6.33 which means you don't need permission to serve the claim form outside the UK based on below. However, I suspect you will need to use the N1 Claim Form and opt for self-service because Money Claims Online don't issue claims outside UK.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_41866.png Views:	1 Size:	67.2 KB ID:	1588598
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Hello everyone, thanks for your help. I've found out more about the structure of the company and wanted to know it it's allowed for a UK subsidiary to be served with the claim form? The facts are as follows:

1. The company I have the dispute against is registered in Gibraltar. (Company A).
            2. The parent of Company A is also registered in Gibraltar (Company B)
            3. The parent also has another subsidiary registered in the UK (Company C).

​​​Can I serve the claim form on Company C even though that's not the company I have the dispute against?

Comment

Sorry any ideas on this please?

Comment

Originally posted by stark13 View Post
                Hello everyone, thanks for your help. I've found out more about the structure of the company and wanted to know it it's allowed for a UK subsidiary to be served with the claim form? The facts are as follows:
                1. The company I have the dispute against is registered in Gibraltar. (Company A).
                2. The parent of Company A is also registered in Gibraltar (Company B)
                3. The parent also has another subsidiary registered in the UK (Company C).
                ​​​Can I serve the claim form on Company C even though that's not the company I have the dispute against?
                If it is a totally different trading entity then I can't see how having the same parent company would allow a claim to be served on a separate trading entity.
                As an example: When you think of all the brands owned by CocaCola - you can see why serving a claim on their company Malvern Water would not be good service on Coca Cola itself or any of its other brands like Schweppes.
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks Celestine!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X