• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bar put in place after judgement request issued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar put in place after judgement request issued

Hi,

The defendant filed his defence after the time limit set by the courts. I requested judgement which has been issued, but a subsequent DQ has been sent to the defendant and a bar put in place.

Can anyone please advise why?

Surely the time frames to submit a defence are there for a reason, and the fact the defendant failed to provide that info in the time scales set, and the fact that a judgement was issued is conclusive, yet it seems that despite this failure by the defendant, the court have accepted his defence, issued a DQ and stopped the judgement from going ahead by placing a Bar on the judgement, am I correct?

What is the point of these time frames if they can be abused?

Could the judgement still be awarded, given that the defendant submitted his defence late?
    Tags: None

Originally posted by NOCAB View Post
    Hi,

The defendant filed his defence after the time limit set by the courts. I requested judgement which has been issued, but a subsequent DQ has been sent to the defendant and a bar put in place.

Can anyone please advise why?

Surely the time frames to submit a defence are there for a reason, and the fact the defendant failed to provide that info in the time scales set, and the fact that a judgement was issued is conclusive, yet it seems that despite this failure by the defendant, the court have accepted his defence, issued a DQ and stopped the judgement from going ahead by placing a Bar on the judgement, am I correct?

What is the point of these time frames if they can be abused?

Could the judgement still be awarded, given that the defendant submitted his defence late?
    I have a similar case, the court imposed a time limit on the defendant failing which the court stated if it was not filed in the time imposed judgement could be put in (online), I did and it was accepted only for a judge to cancel it and put a bar in place, I can only assume the case progresses but any defence is now barred?

Comment

We are living in strange times and nothing is as it was before covid. The Courts have been badly hit and if the Court wants to ignore normal timeframes that’s up to the Court.

Comment

Not true, if the court ignores specific legally imposed time lines, they will be held to account. The law exists for everyone, including pompous judges

Comment

CPR 27 gives the court very wide powers in the conduct of cases allocated to the small claims track.
          It is down to the judge, some look for strict adherence to directions, whilst others will be more flexible if they think the evidence will help them decide the claim.
          It is not necessarily pomposity, but an effort to be just

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X